ABS Module swapping?

General discussion area for the L33-chassis Altima.
Blizzy Blake
Car: 15 Altima S Special Edition

So I need to replace my ABS Module I'm pretty sure. I've acquired one from a near exact model Altima. Same year and model ABS module. I know the service manual says I will have to get the new SN programmed into the ESM, but can I drive it at all to the Nissan dealer after the swap? Or will I have to have it towed? I just need to make arranged if I can't drive it at all.

Thanks
Last edited by Rogue One on Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: TYPO

Dj Blizzy
Car: 2015 Nissan Altima S Special Edition

**Follow Up**

I replaced the ABS Module with one from same year Altima and same model ABS module. No ABS light came on and brakes seem to be working fine. Maybe the only reason to take it to deal is just to have them enter the serial number into the ESM for record keeping? Or maybe if you didn't happen to get the exact model ABS module? i dunno, but there is no indication that anything was down, other then my brakes work now.

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

It may just be a crossing the T and dotting the I issue of legal liability. The car is not smart enough to tell the difference in an exact year replacement part. I'd motor on in blessed ignorance.

macgiver

Gotta test that "stuff" out too. Go drive rt side wheels through wet pavement - stand on brakes , go drive one side wheels through sand on side of road - stand on brakes , do a HEAVY PEDAL in the mud.

All the while your watching the ABS ( Low Traction ) Light come ON. Maybe someone ,outside your car observing your wheels for the typical "pulsed skid " ABS does to the wheels.

Did you do this ? If & when you do , and All's well - NOW you know your OK . OK :inout: :whistle:

Return to “5th Generation Altima Sedan (2013-2018)”