ABS Brakes

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
wpg240
Car: Hockey

My ABS light keeps going on whenever I apply more than light pressure to the brake pedal. I have a leak in one of the brake lines at the passenger side rear caliper. Would this leak be detected by the ABS system or has brake fluid just fouled up the sensor at this point.

Thanks in advance for the help.

drjohn

Correct the leak first and recheck. The rear abs sensor is in the frt of the differential behind the flange. After you fix the leak and if the light comes back on you will need to check the codes at the abs control unit.

wpg240

Thanks for your reply. I have replaced the caliper on that wheel and all seems good. However i still have the problem with the ABS light coming on after moderate to heavy breaking. I will have to take it in and have the codes read I guess.

eniety
Car: Information Technology, Nissan, Gaming

Just unplug ABS. ABS sucks anyway :)

wpg240

Look where I live man. I spend 6 Months driving in the snow every year. I agree it sucks the majority of the time but it does offer some advantages in this climate.

eniety

I also spend that much time in the snow, or maybe a little less depending on the year. I think that ABS is the worst in the snow. Most of the accidents in the winter that I hear about, and see, are from ABS.

Anyway, check this out -- http://www.240sx.org/faq/articles/abs_diagnosis.htm. I hope it helps.

Anthony

wpg240

I read that and I think I will try and find that LED. I haven't driven this car in the winter before so you may be right about the ABS on this model sucking. I have a 92 Sentra that I have been using in the winter to this point. It's ABS seems to work fine. Not the best but acceptable.

eniety

I wasn't saying the ABS sucks just on that model; I was just saying that ABS sucks. :)

Good luck with your diagnosis. Let us know how it goes.

drjohn

You can just put a piece of tape over the dash to hide the light put you might think about your insurance if you should get in a wreck they may refuse to pay the claim if the abs was found to be inop or altered in a way that made it non-functional. You prbably have a bad wheel sensor.

wpg240

Can anyone tell me where this blinking LED is located? I have looked but have not been able to find it. Is it located in the engine compartment or in the back of the car somewhere?

Thanks for the help!

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”