ABS Availability

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
fintanv

So I ordered a Versa SL, CVT, ABS back at the end of July and was told I would have to wait until November to get it. Seems the ABS for the US was only going to be made starting September. Hot ticket item...blah blah blah. Today I get a call from the dealer and he relays the message from their distributer, that Nissan has decided to divert the ABS modules slated for the Versa, to the new Sentra. Now the earliest they expect one with ABS is in the Jan / Feb 07 time range.

Can anyone confirm this?

versa_fan

fintanv wrote:So I ordered a Versa SL, CVT, ABS back at the end of July and was told I would have to wait until November to get it. Seems the ABS for the US was only going to be made starting September. Hot ticket item...blah blah blah. Today I get a call from the dealer and he relays the message from their distributer, that Nissan has decided to divert the ABS modules slated for the Versa, to the new Sentra. Now the earliest they expect one with ABS is in the Jan / Feb 07 time range.

Can anyone confirm this?
The original poster of another thread (zerothread?id=198097) recently took delivery of a Versa he ordered back in July, which has ABS (and he is in the U.S., not Canada). The one I ordered during the last week of August also has ABS, and the dealer didn't tell me anything. I have been checking in with him every now and then to make sure nothing has come up, and he says everything is fine. It is supposed to arrive late October or early November.

Honestly, I'm still cautiously optimistic. I will happily wait for the Versa I want until the end of Q1 2007, but unfortunately the lease on my current car ends this December -- so I am forced to think of an alternative vehicle, in case the Versa doesn't pan out as promised.

proxim2020

fintanv wrote:So I ordered a Versa SL, CVT, ABS back at the end of July and was told I would have to wait until November to get it. Seems the ABS for the US was only going to be made starting September. Hot ticket item...blah blah blah. Today I get a call from the dealer and he relays the message from their distributer, that Nissan has decided to divert the ABS modules slated for the Versa, to the new Sentra. Now the earliest they expect one with ABS is in the Jan / Feb 07 time range.

Can anyone confirm this?
Did you leave a deposit with the dealer? If you did, you may want to look into taking it back and heading somewhere else. He may be feeding you in the hopes that he can make a sale now by taking one of the cars available. I've spoken to a lot of dealers and none of them have said anything about any problems with ordering ABS (something I require). I've gone through a mock order with my dealer to make sure the abs could be ordered. We know this works because it didn't allow us to order the kick plates (available Jan). I'm a week away from my order date and I'll know for sure then.

jacksan1

A dealership in our neighborhood, in Minneapolis-St. Paul, just got a Versa with ABS. I tend to agree with those who say you should take your business elsewhere, since the dealership you are dealing with is either: (1) clueless as to what is really happening, or (2) untruthful. Either way, it's not a good sign.

Return to “Versa General Chat”