ABS actuator

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
reggiebrown40
Car: 2018 Infiniti Q60 Red Sport
2011 Infiniti M56x - Dead

Guys,

Has anyone come across an ABS issue where there is air in the ABS actuator module? I've bled the brakes multiple times (2-person method) without much success. I believe there is air in the ABS actuator. Is there any way to purge the air without having to take a trip to the dealer. The brakes hold but are spongy and go almost to the floor. I also pulled a code c1155 which was a low fluid in abs module. I'm going to use my Motive to pressure bleed this weekend but any tips would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance.

cliffyk
Car: 2012 Infiniti M37 w/ "Premium" package

THe shop manual bleeding procedure shows no special procedure for bleeding the actuator.

C1122 is defined in the FSM as follows:

C1122: When a malfunction is detected in front RH ABS IN valve
The following functions are suspended.
• VDC function (Vehicle Dynamic Control)
• TCS function (Traction Control System)
• ABS function
• EBD function (Electronic Brakeforce Distribution)
• hill start assist function
• Rise-up & Build-up function
• Brake force distribution function

Here is the C1122 diagnostic procedure from the FSM...

reggiebrown40
Car: 2018 Infiniti Q60 Red Sport
2011 Infiniti M56x - Dead

Thanks Cliffyk. I actually updated my post because I had the wrong code listed. It's actually c1155 and it's for low fluid in the actuator. The master cylinder is full so it has to be air in the actuator. I'm going to just try to use Motive to push as much fluid as possible to get the air out. Unless someone else has a better suggestion.

cliffyk
Car: 2012 Infiniti M37 w/ "Premium" package

C1155 (here is the diagnostic procedure) is the DTC for detection of low brake fluid in the fluid reservoir on the master cylinder--it is only indirectly related to the ABS.

THis could just be a result of your bleeding activity--make sure you keep the reservoir topped off...

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”