about to purchase

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
Infiniss
Car: FX35

Hi everyone,

I'm a long-time Nissan owner (240SX, 300ZXTT, Pathfinder, Altima) and may purchase a 2011 FX35 tomorrow, but I wanted to get feedback from current owners about some things I was considering.

1. This FX has less than 21,000 miles, 1-owner, all scheduled maintenance records peformed at the dealership it was purchased, but I would not be buying it from an Infiniti dealer (was traded in to another brand luxury dealer). Thus can I purchase directly from Infiniti an Infiniti extended warranty (eg like CPO/Elite wrap), or is the remaining 2 years on the original warranty all it can ever have?

2. The front bumper is heavily marked up and scratched (paint is gone in a few places). The dealer stated they will repaint the whole bumper (I figure I can demand in writing a factory-quality finish, but probably won't be self-sealing paint). Should that be a deal-breaker?

Otherwise it looks great and was most recently serviced just 2 weeks ago at Infiniti before it was traded in, so I feel confident on that end. I also have them agreed to a price many thousands lower than book (it's basically loaded).

I've been researching FXs for many months now and feel this may be the one, but if those much wiser can weigh in I'd be very grateful. Thanks!

Missouri Swede
Car: 2022 QX60 Sensory AWD. Deep Bordeaux.

[Gone:
2012 G37x. Graphite Shadow. Navigation and Premium Package. Retired in 2021.
2013 JX35. Midnight Garnet. Premium Package. Replaced with QX60 in 2022.]

I think you can purchase the extended warranty from any Infiniti dealer (a used car might need an inspection). Some forum members have contacted Courtney Mutema, Finance Manager at Infiniti of Scottsdale and found her info to be helpful--they can sell you the extended warranty and she can give you prices for mileage, years, levels of coverage, etc. (Search the forum for more info on how she's helped some forum members.) Other dealers have posted on the forum as well.

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”