About to purchase a Rogue - accessories?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Southpaw75

Looks like it will happen on Saturday. Iridium Graphite with Black leather interior. Fully loaded SL AWD with premium/moonroof.

I'm wanting to know what your favorite accessories are. I think the rear bumper protector is a must. With a stroller being taken in and out all the time, it will help reduce any chance of scratches.What are the other ones I should look at or "request that they throw in the deal"?

Thanks in advance.

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

Definately I wouldn't be without the rear bumper protector. The roof rack cross bars would also be nice, because those are expensive to purchase from Nissan or third party, and the main rails are useless without it. You never know when you might want to add a roof bin or strap something to the roof. However, check out the topics on this site regarding roof racks, because third party cross bars are much more functional than the Nissan ones, as Nissan bars are more low-profile and "cool" looking. It depends on if you prefer function or looks, and that depends on how much you might plan on using your roof rack. Also, the hood bug deflector is something a lot of people like, I think it really improves the look of the vehicle, although some think it isn't that great for the paint - I think it prevents rock chips on the hood and looks great. Also, I would recommend getting the rear spoiler - again there are seperate posts with pictures of all of these things on this site. The rear spoiler is subtle, just sits above the brake light, and it really looks awesome - I would put this one at the top of your list. But, these are preference items so check out the posts with pictures and that should help you make your decision.

philipa_240sx

Welcome to the forum!

Other items I would look at:

- Weathertech Floor liners and cargo mat, they are also rebranded with the Nissan logo and sold by dealers- Moonroof deflector

Southpaw75

Yes, thank you for the reminder about the weathertech mats. With the snow we get around here, those are a must too.The cross bars on the roof rack is a good idea. I wonder if they have any on the lot I can see so I will know what they look like. I'll check.

dave230

Don't even think about the Nissan roof cross bars... they're useless, being way too close together to provide a solid base for anything, that good looking curve lessens their practicality further, and they flex like they were made of cardboard once anything substantial is put on them.

Either the Yakima low rider (my car) or the Thule racks are solid, go on and off in a heartbeat so you can lose the wind noise when you don't need it, and cost less than $250. No comparison whatever, and this comes from a former Pathfinder owner who loved the rack on that thing, but the Rogue rack is a whole different animal.

I got that bumper protector as well, and it's well worth having. Other than that, given your snow reference, the leather heated seats are pretty nice as well. I'm very happy I sprung for the leather.

philipa_240sx

dave230 wrote:Other than that, given your snow reference, the leather heated seats are pretty nice as well. I'm very happy I sprung for the leather.
Hehehe.... Canadian models get heated seats on SL trim and up. No need for us Canucks to spring for leather or premium pack. Then again, leather is nice!

websfear
Car: 2008 Rogue SL Venom Red

Unfortunately the mud flaps are also mostly useless.

See the tread about dirt under the door bottom/scratches. I would insist that the dealer either apply the supposed Nissan fix or at the very least apply the clear protector so yours doesn't suffer the problem until the do release a fix.

Not a dealer option, but you should consider different tires for our Wisconsin weather. You might get some talking points though.

I have the Nissan Sever weather (all weather?) mats. I got them off of ebay, but the dealer might have them as well. Much better than the carpeted ones, and easier to keep clean.

Not sure what packages you got, but had I known now what I didn't know then, I might not have gone with the Bose audio. For about the same price you can get aftermarket GPS with bluetooth conectivity. It might not be an option though if you require the leather seats.

Southpaw75

Well, just took delivery of a new Rogue. SL AWD with moonroof and leather premium package. Iridium Graphite w/ black leather interior. Beautiful car. Considered the Subaru Forester as well but felt like we got more for our money with the Rogue. I like the advanced key entry and the bluetooth will come in handy to free up our hands/arms during calls. Plus, it just looks cooler.

We got the splash guards and rear bumper protector included. We will end up getting the all-weather mats but decided to wait until closer to winter to order those.

This forum has been a great help and I appreciate all the owner feedback. It helped make our decision with absolutely no regrets.

Oh, by the way, $300 under invoice with an add'l $500 rebate from Nissan that was part of some "Memorial Day" promotion. Very happy with the deal we got.
Modified by Southpaw75 at 7:57 PM 5/26/2008

Return to “Rogue Forum”