about to buy FX45, 08', need your opinions

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
dontaskwhoiam2001
Car: Infiniti i30 1996

Hi all,
I am about to buy a FX45 2008 from a well known local dealership. I would need your opinions if any.

It's on 74000KMs, fully loaded, it has all options you can think of.
It's so called "Infiniti Certified" - I was showed the "Certification" work done in April on its 71000KMs. The work includes the followings
- pre-owned check over
- four wheel computer alignment
- replace front brake pads, rotors and hardware kit
- replace rear brake pads, rotors and hardware kit
- Inspect brake lines and flush brake fluid system. Replace brake fluid and bleed system as required. Bi-annual brake fluid service
- Flush "J" Matic transmission.
- replace two drive belts
- drain and fill transfer case. Front and rear differentials. Inspect for leaks and axle conditions
- Perform regular scheduled maintenance. "C" service
replace engine oil and filter
lubricate all locks. latches, hinges and steering stops
rotate tires
- replace wiper blades

Total parts ($1150.84) and labor ($1349.33)= CAD$2500

I have two concerns about this car
1. Its high mileage
Would you consider 74000KMs high for this car?
2. The price
They are asking for CAD$38,888. How's the price sound to you?
3. Any other comments?

Thanks
Jack

pippen99
Car: 2010 Infiniti FX35 AWD

The first thing I need to know are you buying from an Infiniti dealer? The certification sounds a little fishy especially considering the mileage. While the mileage in itself does not concern me, the "Infiniti Certification" does. When I traded my 03 coupe with 45000 miles the dealer told me that was over the limit for certification. When I traded my 08 coupe two dealers told me that they and most Infiniti dealers did not participate in the certification program because it was to expensive to them and didn't care that my coupe only had 31000 on it and should be eligible for certification. Lastly the price is somewhere between 5 and 7 thousand to high. Essentially this is a 4 year old car and the original warranty will expire soon if it hasn't already. Good luck :gotme

dontaskwhoiam2001

Thanks for your prompt comments!
Yes, the car is from the largest infiniti dealer in west coast of Canada.

Your experience with certification is interesting. But I believe they actually did the certification process on this car. Maybe there is a difference between US and Canada on this process.

- You said the mileage did not concern you.
I am glad to know this! I assume this car still has lots mileage left, correct?
- You said this car was $5k~7K to high
I assume you are comparing with a similar US car. If so, i would have to say everything is much more expensive in Canada, except the salary!

Thanks again,
Jack

Tony Two-Tone
Car: 2003 Infiniti M45

It's a bit on the expensive side but the deal is not all bad as it sounds like the car is in good shape.

dontaskwhoiam2001

Thanks Tony. I have been driving it for a few months. It is in good shape. I am quite happy with it.
Jack

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”