About the grille intake on some later G37's

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
Eh-jhey

Okay, first off, Hi guys. New here. I actually just signed away for a 2013 G37xS coupe today after a long time lurking the web and going various used dealers (Ended up buying from an actual infinite Dealer). Don't have many questions about the car that I can't find the answers to with some searching, but this has been bothering me for quite some time, so I'll save the real introductions for when I've picked up the car.

On some later models of G37S I've noticed that there is an opening for what looks like an intake. During some video's I've seen, I've noticed that it actually opens up while the car is moving automatically. While i'm fairly confidant this is an air intake for the engine, I can find next to nothing detailing that competent specifically. Can anyone please explain to me what it's all about? Why some G's have it and some don't in the same trim level? For instance, my dealer happens to have two xS' coupes sitting on the lot. Same year. One has the opening, the one I picked however, does not (I kinda aesthetically preferred it this way)

For reference, i'm speaking of the opening circled in this pic

http://imgur.com/a/b2p8W

Jayemcee
Car: 1966 Corvette Roadster.... want to sell the Vette and buy a G37 convert

I'm pretty sure that lower valance panel was an option on the 37'S. You can still order one from the INFINITY deler for about 1400 bucks, or go to Outcast Garage, they sell em for 1498

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”