AAC Hose "Q" ('91 Q45)

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
Raxephon
Car: '04 RX8...for the moment...

Just finished replacing the hoses under the plenum and was curious as to where the bottom of the AAC 3-way tube goes.

Top goes to the AACSide goes to the intake Bottom goes to a tube that goes to ?????

I've been back & forth thru my '91 FSM but cannot find it.(The tube)

Any idea where it goes/what its for?

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

I think i know what your talking about.. The bottom drivers side of that stupid (and expensive) hose goes to a metal hose that ends up under the throttle body...

When its oriented correctly it looks like a crooked upside down Y... IM not sure where all that crap goes, but i just keep telling myself that it is there for a reason!

Raxephon

Yeah, the one to the throttlebody is the air feed for the AAC valve.

The one that confuses me though is the bottom one.It runs to a metal tube, which in turn runs along the passengerside of the thermostat housing where it ends abruptly with a cap on the end of the tube.

Doesn't connect to anything as far as I can tell.

Just baffles me as to what a tube to no-where would be for on such a well engineered motor. (My opinion, others may vary )
Modified by anlasak at 10:24 PM 9/26/2005

Raxephon

Almost forgot.

Thanks for the advice a while back.

PoorManQ45

anlasak wrote: The one that confuses me though is the bottom one.It runs to a metal tube, which in turn runs along the passengerside of the thermostat housing where it ends abruptly with a cap on the end of the tube.
Yep, I know the one you're talking about.

Like you said, it ends at a metal cap in the valley. It doesn't go anywhere.

It may be that a volume of air is required to normalize/equalize a pressure variance. I have no idea why it would be needed. I was thinking about taking it out.

Raxephon

Well, since I already have the "valley" put back together I guess I'll just leave mine in for the moment.

I'll try pulling it out in a month or two to see whats effected by its removal.(Hopefully nothing)

I'm trying to isolate anything that is not absolutely necessary, and that tube is starting to look a little unnecessary

(Plus $30 for a rubber 3-way hose is a little ridiculous)

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”