A Sun Visor Discovery

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
RobertN
Car: Infiniti EX35

For the last three months of owning my EX I have always wondered why that "tab" on the end of the sun visor does not pull out for those situations where the sun visor is not "long" enough to cover the direction of the sun through the side window. Prior to my EX I owned a G37 and on that sun visor it had a pull out from the end of it for that reason. So when I saw the plastic tab on the end of the EX visor I just assumed it should pull out also. So...........I tried and obviously it does not pull out. I just accepted that the visor does not have that option and it was a poor design.

Along comes yesterday....................................As I sit in my car talking with someone on the blue tooth I just happen to swing the visor over to the side and AGAIN wished that stupid plastic tab pulled out. So I pulled on it again and the entire visor slid out along the rod it is installed on!!! WOW.....the visor was designed to cover the sun along the entire width of the side windows!!

OK.......so it took me 3 months to discover this! But how many of you did not know it until you read this???

And yes even those of you that knew it all along can comment on my "slow learning process"!!

sluday
Car: 2008 EX35 AWD Journey Moonlight-nav-premium-tech-lux

I cheated. I found that one out when i read the manual. I am going to start a thread on a 'new discovery" topic.

RobertN

Read the manual!?!? That is kind of like asking for directions.......men just don't do it!! I need a talking system in my car telling me the neat little things it has and can do!

I guess I know what I "might" be doing tonight!!??

sluday
Car: 2008 EX35 AWD Journey Moonlight-nav-premium-tech-lux

RobertN wrote:Read the manual!?!? That is kind of like asking for directions.......men just don't do it!! I need a talking system in my car telling me the neat little things it has and can do!

I guess I know what I "might" be doing tonight!!??
The manual is HUGE. I having been trying to finish it for a month now. I still have the navigation manual to read next. They make great toilet reading books.

espressomac
Car: Audi Cabriolet

Coolness -- just found out about it as I read about it. Wanted to try it out but my wife is out with the EX right now.

Thanks!

espressomac

my workmy playmy EX35

EX-lover
Car: Infiniti EX 35

Sweeeet....I tried it last night, my wife and i are so impress.......Thanks

inteller
Car: 2008 EX35 Journey AWD

i tugged on this tab but nothing will pull out. I'm afraid to pull harder as I dont want to break it.

RobertN

It is not the tab that pulls out --- it is the entire visor slides out from the rod it is on. That is exactly how I discovered it.............I was pulling on the tab because I thought it pulled out and the next thing I know the entire visor was moving!

inteller
Car: 2008 EX35 Journey AWD

ok, I cracked open the manual and now I see. This wasn't exactly what I was hoping for. I was thinking you could have a piece slide out that would cover the gap between the driver and passenger that the sun always finds a way to peek through.

nghivdo
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX35 AWD Journey, Premium, Luxe Style, NAV, Black Obsidian, Graphite Leather

sluday wrote:
The manual is HUGE. I having been trying to finish it for a month now. I still have the navigation manual to read next. They make great toilet reading books.
Yeah, just leave it in the john. Go here so you can have an electronic PDF of your manual for easy reference while reading this forum or while at your computer. Makes it easy to search for info too!http://www.infiniti.com/iapps/...uides

GoVols
Car: EX 35 Journey

I use the tab on the visor to hold cards, papers, etc.

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”