A neat write-up on the 2002/2003 Q45 key:

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
Jason B

Jberger

Jason,

This part of the article was an eye-opener."The new Q45 provides a whole new wave of electronic features guaranteed to drive the owners nuts. Programming keys isn't the only function meant to drive the owner back to the dealer! Rotating the tires is also "a dealer item" only. If the tires are removed from the vehicle by an unauthorized party, a system check light on the instrument panel will light until a certified Infiniti dealer/mechanic properly notates the rotation and air pressure of each tire and enters it into the onboard computers. I can't wait to own one of these! "

Can you confirm that?

Jason B

I'm not sure why they said that part. The tire process doesn't have to be done like that. I already had a road force tire balance done at a local shop and nothing of that sort had to be done. I have the road force done on all my vehicles as I feel it gives the best balance. ;)

One other thing the article mentioned mentioned was the only exterior lock on the whole car is on the driver's door. There is actually one more hidden lock under the trunk lid that you can't see unless you bend fully down.

Return to “General Chat”