A nation divided....

A place for intelligent and well-thought-out discussion involving politics and associated topics. No nonsense will be tolerated at all.
mrmark

WDRacing wrote:I have 3 boys that are being saddled with debt before they even know what a tax return is.

Just for a visual, this is what our debt looks like.

+1,456,537,XXX,XXX
16,456,537,XXX,XXX

That's the amount of money we owe other countries. In 3 years we're forecast to add another 3,000,000,000,000 to that number even with the tax hike we just implemented on the top 1%.

Obama and the Senate want no spending cuts and no debt limit. I disagree.

Keep in mind....progressives believe that debt does not matter.....and in order to grow the economy, all we need to do is massive spending, beyond what we've already spent. With that logic, we should be in double digit GDP growth and unemployment under 6%. But alas…..pesky reality gets in the way.

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

It has everything to do with "A Nation Divided"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/eri ... is-hooray/

Fox has a large audience that believes the BS.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/0 ... 37464.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree ... s-fox-news

“I'm not a big one for schadenfreude but I confess to feeling a little frisson on hearing the news that d!ck Morris was not getting his contract renewed by Fox News. It's not that I wish Morris ill tidings; it's that I want pundits to be held accountable for their incorrect forecasts.
d!ck Morris has one of the worst electoral prediction records known to man.”

Many of those viewers have left Fox after realizing they were being fed a bunch of nonsense.

mrmark

telcoman wrote:It has everything to do with "A Nation Divided"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/eri ... is-hooray/

Fox has a large audience that believes the BS.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/0 ... 37464.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree ... s-fox-news

“I'm not a big one for schadenfreude but I confess to feeling a little frisson on hearing the news that d*** Morris was not getting his contract renewed by Fox News. It's not that I wish Morris ill tidings; it's that I want pundits to be held accountable for their incorrect forecasts.
d*** Morris has one of the worst electoral prediction records known to man.”

Many of those viewers have left Fox after realizing they were being fed a bunch of nonsense.

I'm confused......the sitting President is implementing a radical fundamental change in the country based on class warfare and division and all you come back with is a pundit and one cable network. If the viewership is so bad and has decreased so much…..then why are you worried so much about it. If no one is watching and has wised up to Fox, then how on earth can this
telcoman wrote:have everything to do with "A Nation Divided"
????

That’s like saying someone is an alcoholic because the liquor store is open. Sounds like liberal paranoia is alive and well. The only missing is the tried and true “it’s Bush’s fault”……..

Oh......who did Morris work for in the past....hmmmm......maybe......Clinton????? :chuckle:

Ace2cool
Car: 1991 Nissan 300ZX TT
1966 Datsun Fairlady 1600
2005 Suzuki GSX-R 600
1974 Honda CB550 Four
2009 Ford F150 Lariat

mrmark wrote:The only missing is the tried and true “it’s Bush’s fault”……
Maybe cause they don't have that leg to stand on anymore?

http://www.examiner.com/article/new-stu ... t-policies

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/201 ... html?ml=bp

“Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal has been running around the country warning anyone who will listen that Republicans must quit being the “stupid party” that nominates nutty candidates.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/02/b ... z2KWuLl3z1

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

Don't debate with Howie, he's a troll. He's never posted anything with common sense in his entire tenure with Nico. Not much of a chance he's going to now.

mrmark

WDRacing wrote:Don't debate with Howie, he's a troll. He's never posted anything with common sense in his entire tenure with Nico. Not much of a chance he's going to now.

That's OK.....I actually enjoy listening to the other side as they try to make sense of the whole progressive movement. Libs claim to be tolerent, but only to those who share their own world views.

BusyBadger
Car: '92 Nissan 240SX
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

mrmark wrote:Libs claim to be tolerent, but only to those who share their own world views.

Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

mrmark wrote:Libs claim to be tolerent, but only to those who share their own world views.
To be fair I think liberals feel the same exact way about those on the other side of the political spectrum. The unwillingness of both sides to work together is one of the reasons our congress is so divided to the point that nothing gets resolved.

WDRacing

I'll admit the Republicans are stubborn on some things that are simply stupid. Immigration and gay marriage and defense cuts come to mind.

We're not going to round everyone up and deport them, so why not give them all legal work permits and enroll everyone in the process towards legalization? Anything else is just idiocy.

Gay marriage. This one has always made me wonder wtf. Does it hurt anyone if two guys or 2 women get married? Then stfu and sit down. Let the gays experience divorce court like the rest of us...lol.

Defense cuts. Why does everyone act like it's going to endanger our troops when we talk about cutting the budget? We have 83 bases in Japan alone...um...wtf over? Why not close down 100 or so bases and actually have some oversight on defense acquisitions? We don't need new tanks and we certainly don't need all of the bases we currently have overseas.

The Dems need to quit acting like our entitlement spending isn't out of control. There is much needed reform and fraud investigation/implementation.

They can also quit killing jobs for the sake of "global warming". The world runs on petro, stfu and get over it. Until we have a new power source, the world will continue to run on oil...period.

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Exactly!!! :yesnod

Z

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Bubba1 wrote:
To be fair I think liberals feel the same exact way about those on the other side of the political spectrum.
I am not sure I can entirely agree with this ... conservatives don't self-delude themselves about being tolerant. They actively don't tolerate certain things, and that is okay, btw. :chuckle: :yesnod

Z

BusyBadger
Car: '92 Nissan 240SX
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

Z beat me to what I was going to post up. It's hard to take a party seriously that doesn't even follow the definition of their chose name...

lib·er·al (lbr-l, lbrl)
adj.
a. Not limited to or by established, traditional, orthodox, or authoritarian attitudes, views, or dogmas; free from bigotry.
b. Favoring proposals for reform, open to new ideas for progress, and tolerant of the ideas and behavior of others; broad-minded.
c. Of, relating to, or characteristic of liberalism.
d. Liberal Of, designating, or characteristic of a political party founded on or associated with principles of social and political liberalism, especially in Great Britain, Canada, and the United States.
a. Tending to give freely; generous: a liberal benefactor.
b. Generous in amount; ample: a liberal serving of potatoes.
3. Not strict or literal; loose or approximate: a liberal translation.

Maybe they're liberal (blue text) about the concept of being liberal (red text)! :)

Ace2cool
2005 Suzuki GSX-R 600
1974 Honda CB550 Four
2009 Ford F150 Lariat

WDRacing wrote:Defense cuts. Why does everyone act like it's going to endanger our troops when we talk about cutting the budget? We have 83 bases in Japan alone...um...wtf over? Why not close down 100 or so bases and actually have some oversight on defense acquisitions? We don't need new tanks and we certainly don't need all of the bases we currently have overseas.
The reason Republicans don't want to budge on defense cuts is because the defense cuts won't be carried out even remotely close to the way you have outlined. I just got out of the Navy. Their idea of budget cuts? Just give everyone less money. Squadrons can't buy parts due to no money, and when they have the money to buy the parts, the AIMD doesn't have the parts because they're broke and can't buy components to fix the parts the squadron needs.

All the gear from the bases we're closing down. What do we do with it? Sure, some of it will get sold in a surplus auction, but the majority get put in a giant building never to be seen again. That building is called DRMO. Money and assets lost forever. They honestly will never see daylight again. Guaranteed. And those personnel still need a place to work. Just because the base is closed, doesn't make that soldier/sailor/airman/marine's contract invalid. That leads to overcrowding of bases. Like when they de-integrated the sailors from VMFAT-101, and sent them all to VFA-122 (I was in VFA-122 when they did this). It's all a logistic nightmare.

That's why they refuse to close bases. And what does that leave? Budget. Just give the military less money. Then you have the scenario that I detailed about not having parts to fix jets. We have less functional combat essential equipment, and that endangers the people that depend on that equipment. In terms of jets, that's less overwatch for ground troops and less high altitude IED patrol. MRAPs go without parts, Helos get the same treatment. Doesn't matter the service, I'm just talking about what I personally know. Less money = less functional mission essential-to-saving-your-life equipment.

WDRacing

I know how the military works brosef, I did 12 years and my wife is still active and about to retire.

Your post is making the exact point I was aiming at buddy. The people we have running things suck at it. As far as people go, moving them isn't that difficult. We can solve overcrowding by offering early out and slowing recruitment. It's not a change that can take place overnight, but it's definitely something that can be done.

We spend too much on Defense, period. It HAS to be cut. There isn't room for negotiation. As soon as we bail out of Afghanistan we should be cutting back the defense budget immediately. Afghanistan should be absent Americans entirely by the end of 2014. It's a war that has no fruit to bare. All it does is spend lives and $$.

Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

szh wrote:I am not sure I can entirely agree with this ... conservatives don't self-delude themselves about being tolerant. They actively don't tolerate certain things, and that is okay, btw. :chuckle: :yesnod

Z
LOL. I guess inflexibility depends on the issue and whether if you agree with the particular idea being put forth. Gotta love politics.

Ace2cool
2005 Suzuki GSX-R 600
1974 Honda CB550 Four
2009 Ford F150 Lariat

Thy tried the early out thing. No one wants to take it because the economy sucks. They tried forcing people out, thus PTS (perform to serve) and ERB (enlisted retention board) was born. Two of the most hated programs the Navy has ever come out with. They're somehow keeping all the worst people and kicking out the hard workers who actually give a damn. It's a dart board. I had a 7 year first class (E6) get the boot, while a 15 year second class (E5) got to stay in. Lost some of the best people I've ever worked with due to ERB.

And slowing recruitment? There's a one year waiting list to ship off to boot at my local recruiting office. I'm in the middle of nowhere. In Nashville, I've heard it's a year and a half. Recruiting is slowed. Dramatically. I had the option to go the month I graduated, but I held off till after summer break.

While I agree we should make cuts on defense, I can guarantee they won't cut the crap in the right places. And that's why Republicans refuse to budge.

WDRacing

Ace2cool wrote: I can guarantee they won't cut the crap in the right places. And that's why Republicans refuse to budge.
I get ya, I do. But the end doesn't justify the means. The Republicans care more about their donors then they do our troops.

We can't expect to balance the budget when we refuse to have actual reform. We can't expect the Democrats to agree to entitlement reform when our own side won't cut back our bloated defense force.

If the Republicans were real leaders they would ensure the cuts were done correctly. It's their fcuking job to do so. They just refuse to do it. So we continue to bleed out because our leaders fail to act. Fcuk them all.

There's no waiting list for the USAF or Army btw. My son is going in as a medic 1 month after he graduates.

mrmark

When you get right down to it.....the main goal of BO is to destroy the GOP, period. Look at all the tables and chairs he's throwing in front of the GOP....free birth control....fee abortions....amnesty....gun control....gay marriage....are you seeing a pattern? Many, if not all, are core beliefs of many on the right. By raising these issues to the top of the agenda, BO and the Dems have the perfect foil to the GOP's core beliefs, and the perfect political climate to divide the GOP based on those who will stick firm to their beliefs and those who want to moderate. But my question is how much do the GOP moderate....do they abandon some of their core beliefs? Do they pander (like the Dems are so good at) and bend on things like amnesty? The problem with pandering is that the Dems will always one up the GOP……if the GOP says amnesty; the Dems will say amnesty plus free education. If the GOP says more entitlement spending, Dems will say entitlement spending for you, your family, and your dog. The Dems will pander and give away the farm just to stay in power. There needs to be compromise, but there is a point where compromise becomes appeasement.

As far as defense spending, why not start with the FAR (Federal Acquisition Regulations) and update the rules around federal procurements. Many know about the $500 hammer story, but very few know why the hammer costs federal contractors to charge that amount. Revisions to the FAR, GAAP, and SOX, should be implemented to streamline and lessen the burden of federal contractors, thusly lowering the costs of products and/or services to the DoD. Red tape, regulations, endless forms, risky clauses, incentive clauses, performance based contracts….all add to the cost of procurements to the federal agencies. Scale back on these regulations and the cost of supplies and/or services to the agencies will go down.

telcoman

mrmark wrote:When you get right down to it.....the main goal of BO is to destroy the GOP, period. Look at all the tables and chairs he's throwing in front of the GOP....free birth control....fee abortions....amnesty....gun control....gay marriage......

If the GOP says more entitlement spending, Dems will say entitlement spending for you, your family, and your dog. The Dems will pander and give away the farm just to stay in power. There needs to be compromise, but there is a point where compromise becomes appeasement.
Yes, Yes, Yes!

Remember who won the election :chuckle:

Romney was a piece of s#it and Ryan doesn't know math.

Are you ready for 2014 and 2016 because there is more to come that is going to make you very unhappy and make me very happy.

Can't wait to see Ted Nugent drive some more voters over to the Dems tonight at the SOTU address

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-cr ... 69937.html

Telcoman

mrmark

telcoman wrote:Remember who won the election :chuckle:
I'm sure you'll remind us over.....and over...and over.....nothing like sore loser who drinks too much of the Kool Aid.....
telcoman wrote:Romney was a piece of s#it and Ryan doesn't know math.
Hmmm......I'm suprised you feel that way..... :lolling:
telcoman wrote:Are you ready for 2014 and 2016 because there is more to come that is going to make you very unhappy and make me very happy.
....do you know me???? .....do you know what will make me happy or unhappy ???? If we're not completely bankrupt or in total turmoil by 2016 I'll be surprised....
telcoman wrote:Can't wait to see Ted Nugent drive some more voters over to the Dems tonight at the SOTU address
Again....and I don't know how many times you're going to bring up someone out of the blue who has absolutely nothing to do with the topic of division.

I think you have a problem staying on a topic....maybe because you have nothing of substance to contribute. I'm surprised that the moderators don't warn you to stay on topic instead of just blurting out propaganda.

telcoman

mrmark wrote:Again....and I don't know how many times you're going to bring up someone out of the blue who has absolutely nothing to do with the topic of division.

I think you have a problem staying on a topic....maybe because you have nothing of substance to contribute. I'm surprised that the moderators don't warn you to stay on topic instead of just blurting out propaganda.
Inviting a nut job such as Nugent to a SOTU address certainly is devisive.
Isn't that the topic of this thread. A nation devided.
Many on the right just add to the division still thinking they won in November

Ace2cool
2005 Suzuki GSX-R 600
1974 Honda CB550 Four
2009 Ford F150 Lariat

Nut job. Yeah, that's the word for it. That was the conspiracy he was referencing, Howard. Ted Nugent has had his outbursts involving Obama in the past. If anything, this is counter-divisive. Bringing one of the farthest right guys to the most controversial president EVER's SOTU address? I see it as an olive branch. I see you as the way left guy, who jumps up and down and points at the TV every time Obama says the words "Gun Control," or a far right wing guy gets pissed and overreacts.

mrmark

telcoman wrote:Inviting a nut job such as Nugent to a SOTU address certainly is devisive.
Isn't that the topic of this thread. A nation devided.
Many on the right just add to the division still thinking they won in November
How is it divisive…note spelling.

Who is it dividing and what office does he hold? So with your logic, we can bring up Bill Maher, fatfuk Michael Moore, or leftie Sean Penn.

Instead of nonsense, how about addressing the post? I challenge you to show me how this Admin along with the state run media has not driven us to the left and divided, demonized, patronized, blamed, and appeased the last 4 years, and 4 more to come. Let’s see if we can get an intelligent response……but I’m not holding my breath…….

Oh.....and can you name one person on the "so called right" that thinks the GOP won?????

And how about an intelligent response to my comment on the division on military spending and show me where I went wrong in my analysis on the adherence to the FAR, GAAP requirements, excessive SOX regulations, increased stipulations for CPFF and CFAF contracts, cost recovery regulations where the average fee rate is a measly 10% for DoD contractors, or what are your thoughts on sequestration and the reckless cutting of national defense that seems to pit Dems against the GOP. Do you think you can address these issues instead of your Kool Aid spewing????

WDRacing

Howie = Troll. He just posts stuff to inflame guys. Don't rise to the bait. See him for what he is.

mrmark

WDRacing wrote:Howie = Troll. He just posts stuff to inflame guys. Don't rise to the bait. See him for what he is.
Just trying to see if I can raise his education rate above 3rd grade..... :gapteeth:

WDRacing

He's like 80 years old...he's not raising ANYTHING at this point...

Return to “Politics Etc.”