a How to to rewire fog lights to work independently?

Discussion forum for the Infiniti JX35 / Infiniti QX60 - This 7-seat premium crossover dominates the class.
ikalinin
Car: 2018 Infiniti QX60 Deluxe Tech
2018 Nissan Rogue SL

does anyone have a HOW-TO on rewiring the fog lights to turn on independent of headlights? it would be nice to turn them on anytime the parking lights are on. or so they stay on when you flash high beam, or have high beams on.. :confused:

if anyone has any info, i'd appreciate it. i remember doing this on a 2003 maxima back in the day.. and all the how to's i find now are pretty old..

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

A quick thought is to simply isolate the fog lights from the rest of the wiring, add a switch, relay and fuse and make it an independent system. Coordinating it with your OEM switches using the OEM relays and such would take a bit of a study of the wiring diagrams. I'm sure it could be done by swapping some connections.

AlexQX60
Car: 2016 Infiniti QX60
2000 VW GTI VR6

I did this in my VW. I had to remove a certain relay and replace with a metal jumper connecting 2 of the 4 slots in that relay that way the fogs still get power but don't shut off when high beams are activated. Not sure if it's the same way with the QX60 but just a thought. I too am looking into this. Hope you found your answer.

Return to “Infiniti JX35 / QX60 Forum”