A few technical questions

Discuss topics related to the VH41DE, VH45DE, VK45DE, and VK56DE engines.
wyoung369
Car: 1991 Nissan 240sx

I am in the midst of a vh45 swap into a 91 240sx. i intend to use a fs5r30a from a pathfinder. already worked out the gear ratios. with a 3.54 final drive and the right size wheel and tire, everything falls where i want it rpm wise. now, the few questions i have are that, i know the one from the pathfinder is the same as the z31 turbo, and internally identical (with the exception of ratios) to both turbo and na z32 transmissions so, what pilot bushing do i need? the one from the pathfinder? or some other one. and what clutch options do i have. i'm assuming a pathfinder clutch is out since they likely dont have the performance clutch options. so would i need a z31 turbo clutch or can i use a z32 one (i know turbo and na are different diameters. not sure which one would fit if either) and does anyone know anything about ralco rz clutches? they seem like a good value but i can find very little information about their quality and no technical information for which stage fits what power level

Return to “VH45DE / VK45DE / VK56DE Forum”