a few preventative maintenance items...

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
Luminar
Car: 1990 300zxTT, 2010 Versa 1.8S

First, I tried searching through the FSM and on here, perhaps I overlooked something but I can't seem to find any mileage intervals for periodic maintenance on the thermostat/water pump or the drive belt and auto tensioner. I saw that the maintenance booklet says to just inspect the deflection of the belt then replace as necessary after approximately 60k (miles). I'm used to my Z32 that has set mileage intervals regardless of wear, is there anything like that on the versa? I just hit 50k and was going to just do a bunch of preventative items.

Second, Coolant. I saw that the FSM shows some pressurized device to add coolant to the system once drained? Is that just supposed to be some special way to make burping the system easier if you have the means? I want to change the coolant so can I not just fill the radiator up and jack the nose of the car up, gravity fill the radiator then just burp the system by the conventional means?

Finally, this is the list of things I was going to change/inspect for the "50k maintenance". If anyone has any suggestions as to what I should add or remove, lets hear it.
- Change clutch and brake fluid
- Change manual transmission fluid
- Cabin air filter
- Clean K/N drop-in engine filter
- Inspect wheel bearings and brakes
- Replace drive belt and auto tensioner
- Change engine coolant
- Planned on replacing the serpentine belt and tensioner unless it still looks good

Thanks for the help in advance.

Luminar

Really, No one?

Francesco

In the FSM for my 2009 Versa it shows that the procedure for filling the coolant is to pull a full vacuum and then let the vacuum draw the coolant into the radiator and engine. I believe this is done to minimize trapped air pockets. If my memory is good, the 2007 FSM manual shows the refill done in the traditional method.

Frank 2009 Versa S sedan MT-6 with 50700 miles.

Luminar

That's what I figured, A friend of mine that's a nissan master mechanic said that using the tool is the best option but if not the traditional method will work, its just not recommended.

danielsm
Car: Versa Sedan 2014

Bringing this post back to life, 2014 FSM says that when draining the coolant it is necessary to open the cylinder block drain plug. Is it a normal procedure? Nobody that I talk about it have ever heard about this. What are the cons if I don't do this step?

Daniel 2014 Versa Sedan from Brazil.

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”