A/F monitoring\TUNING

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
lexcrob
Car: I get a different ride faster than I could update this.

Wideband route- LC-1 / AEM uego / Autometer

From my honda tuning days i know you have to be able to log rpm based on time along with your AF ratio. If you have at least these you can get a pretty good idea of where your at and even judge your gains from modifications (street tuning). Are there options to go this route aftermarket that dont require data from something like a ostrich.

Honestly im torn between trying that route or just getting a gauge one throwin it on the dash and going to town. Eventually thought about getting a G-TECH and using that as my referance for gains.<<<- accurate to like 3% *

In the end whats everyone else using thats proven and works gauge set up brand datalog at all?

EGT sensor route-

I honestly cannot even see why people even get these i realize they could be usefull at a full blown race car lvl. but as a tuning tool for a street car? Ive heard people using a narrow band and egt to tune their set up. Obviously this only gets you in the ballpark but will it work good enough to use it as a reference when using say (an 8:1 FMU on a 6psi T2 set up). Also that would probly work great as a permanent gauge LONGEVITY compared to wideband for something like an fmu set up.

Needless to say if you went the SAFC etc... piggyback route you would def. want a reliable wideband at least until you've set it up and throughly tested it. Maybe im wrong tho TUNING gurus set me straight id rather not hear the(((( so N so does this and this guys got that and my brothers friend uses ..... :facepalm: .....TRIED TRUE TRUSTED thread-

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

I have a GTECH, works pretty damn good to.

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”