a/c - still work after swap?

Discuss topics related to the CA18DE and CA18DET series engines.
1991240xs

I was going to get my swap done at Unstable Hybrids here in georgia. I asked them about stock horsepower for the CA and they sent me an email four weeks later that says 175 hp at 7 psi. Ok I've heard that it's ten less than that...but that's not what really bothers me...I was just wondering if the 3380$ or so install includes a/c? I know..I'm a wimp blah blah blah....but I will literally die without my a/c... :cool: ....also ...i'm assuming power options and stuff work......ya..just wonderin'...i mean i'll probably still get it if a/c doesn't work..but that'll be the difference between it being my daily driver or my weekend car-

Nismo_Freak
Car: 89 240SX

Your paying WHAT for an install!!! 3k! Holy **** man... fly me up to your place and ill do it for 500!

1991240xs

3380 for the engine and the install-guarenteed running at stock boost and stock horsepower-

trpower7

that's pretty steep, you can get a CA from alot of places for well under two grand, and alot of people will install them for less than a grand, did you shop around a bit, maybe look to drive somewhere? I know that it might be a viable option to drive and take a vacation somewhere that a bunch of guys from the board live, adn pay them to do your install. Somewhere like SoCal or FLorida (cough cough Paul) and give them a week or so. People don't charge you as much when they aren't rushed :)

Movingviolation240
Car: Big boost and flying are 2 of the 3 things I can't turn down

Unstable is a good shop, I know the owner pretty well (he's putting a CA into his car)

Their install if I remember correctly includes a front mount Starion IC and a downpipe, those 2 mods allong with a boos controller should have you in the 210-225rwhp range. I'd ask just for ****s and giggles if they have an old SR turbo they could throw on it for a few extra dollars, it's a healthy improvement for the CA since the stock turbo kinda blows.

When you get there tell Jason Paul from Orlando says hi....

later,

Paul

Siddhartha
Car: cars computers women martial arts

Paul, would you do install? I'll be in orlando (ucf), and I'm interested in ca install. How much would you charge me, no rush at all, you could take like a month if you want. Thanks.

EDIT: What would be the downfalls of bore/stroking a ca18det to a ca20det???

1991240xs

still wondering if they would install it with the a/c workin' or not..lol..no one answered that-

Daunttless

I don't know anyone who's had unstable do a CA, did you ask them if you would still be able to use your AC? : )

1991240xs

I asked them a question about horsepower and torque and stuff and it took them three weeks..i kinda wanted the answer a lil' quicker...

trpower7

Unstable is horrendously slow with response, I have a feeling I could drop a car and seven grand on their front porch and ask for an SR swap and two weeks later I'd get a reply telling me the SR engines are on backorder and will be there in a month. Deal with Daunttless when he gets the new shop running.

1991240xs

But i'm in atlanta...Dauntless is in iowa..little bit of a drive..and i'm back in school next week-

trpower7

That's true, Unstable is your best bet if you are in Atlanta. If they have engines in stock they are a good place to work with. They've delivered for alot of people. But if you want to wait and get up some cash you could probably set up a time with Dauntt and drive the 240 up there, give him a day to swap it, and still come out as good if not better than Unstable. Ask him about it and see......

Daunttless

I would be happy to work something out with you, however I am a fairly decent amount of distance away from you. Unstable is a great company and I'd highly recommend them given your options. : ) I'm willing to work something out if you are interested, but its all up to you, your timeframe, and what you want done. Good luck!

1991240xs

well how hard is it to get a/c to work with the ca??...what's the worst case..i'd have a to buy a compressor from one?

Daunttless

its all in the wiring. : )

Return to “CA18DE / CA18DET Forum”