A/C Problem - Replaced Blower Motor, Relay, & Fan Amp

Got questions about your Infiniti? We're here to help, and it's FREE!
jayp116
Car: 2000 Infiniti I30 and 2005 Nissan Murano

Hi! I'm new to the forum. I have searched but haven't found this exact problem. Please help! I own a 2000 Infiniti I30 that is having a/c issues. However I found the forum and learned about the fan control amp. My ac stopped blowing so my mechanic advised me that it was the blower motor. The new blower motor didn't work so I then purchased a new relay and it still didn't work. So I read on this site abt the fan control amp. I removed it and brushed off the connectors and reinstalled and the ac started working. It stopped shortly after so I thought I had it fixed. I called the local Infiniti dealer and purchased a fan control amp on yesterday. I installed it in the parking lot and voila I have ac again but only for about 2 hours. Then it stopped working again. The compressor and everything engages. The display shows that the a/c is working. But the blower motorwon't work. So now I'm back at square one. Can someone please help me out! Thanks!

Q451990
Car: 1990 Q45 - 118K, 2022 Toyota 4 Runner, 2004 Frontier M/T - 108K, 2012 Xterra (Mom's), 2023 Rogue (Inlaws)

:welcome: to NICO!

If you haven't done so yet, get your factory service manaul at www.nicoclub.com/FSM/

I suspect you have a loose connection between your climate controller and the amplifier - but I have no way of knowing that for sure. With the FSM you should be able to monitor the voltage or ground signal coming from the controller to the fan amp. and see if the proper signal is there.

Heath

Return to “Infiniti Online Mechanic”