A/c lines, in a bit of a pickle

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
ctyler85
Car: 92' S13 hatch SR swapped

Long story short, inherited this project from a buddy. Things are coming together but I'm stuck now. It's a black top SR in am S13. The a/c compressor is gone. No where to be found. I remember seeing it in his garage, but he says no. Now he says he had new lines made to fit a KA compressor. It's been a long time, I've been out of the game for ahwile. I remember the SR compressors having a different high side fitting if I remember correctly and the low side would work the same on some? The highside I'm the car I'm pretty sure is original and hasn't been touched, the low side line is new. So I need to order a compressor, but which one do I try and hunt down?? I can't find any comparisons online so hoping someone here knows something or maybe has a spare set of lines laying around they could mic and report back with the measurements so I know what I'm dealing with

MikeRL411
Car: 1997J30T, 1967RL411

It just might help if you disclosed your location !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ctyler85

MikeRL411 wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:13 am
It just might help if you disclosed your location !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry this sucks on mobile, my original login is long gone. Profile is now updated. Located in Tampa, Fll

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

If only it was that easy..............I can think of line setups that have literally 50 different miking points on them to get them dead right.

ctyler85

If I just knew which low side and high side ports went to which compressor, then I could go from there. the lines are made and finished. Problem is, I had the lines made 9 years ago and could have bet my sole they were made for a black top sr compressor, which at one point was sitting in his garage for the longest time. Now the compressor is missing and he swears up and down the lines were made to fit a KA compressor.

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

You can download like a 4 Seasons a/c catalog or go to Rock Auto and punch in different part #s to match your line configuration, not rocket science there.

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”