A/C Issue

Nissan 300ZX technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
Elzored
Car: Nissan 1993 Glacier White Pearl 300ZX Z32 FairladyZ Right Hand Drive from Japan.

Hi names Marcos I am located in South Florida, new to NICOclub and or Z community. I recently bought a RHD N/A 300zx 1993 Standard, Glacier White Pearl. It has been about 3 weeks now and my A/C stopped working so I started troubleshooting with the little that I know.

So far I have checked the A/C compressor ground cable and it seems to be working fine. The A/C compressor and A/C blows ice cold(it is full of R12 freeon) and works for about a minute or less and then shuts off and also blows the 10A fuse in the engine bay main fuse box. I bought a new relay for the A/C thinking something internal in the relay fuse broke causing the loop circuit to be interrupted and pop the other 10A fuse. Since nothing else seems broken from what I can see I also got a 10A fuse to replace the blown one and tried again, the issue continues. :wtf2:

I am pretty much new to electrical situations and this might be the most dumbest fault that I cant seem to see or maybe its a lot more unfortunate than what I thought. I have only owned one other car before and it was a fairly newer model (2005) so I never got any electrical problems. With an older car I expected some old electrical tasks to appear. I can get around few tasks pretty easily but this is a little past my knowledge or maybe a lot :gapteeth: . So before I start taking things apart or taking it somewhere to get it fixed and tearing my wallet a new a** hole, which I really do not prefer because I love working on my own car. I would love to hear what all the pros with experience have to tell me, Thanks. :mike

Return to “300ZX (Z32) Technical”