A/C Condenser Removal???

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
Ginevan
Car: 04 G35 Coupe

New to the board, so kindof a noob question, but I couldn't find anything. How do I disconnect the A/C condenser lines on my '04 Coupe Few pics below of what I believe are the tabs that may have something to do with disconnecting, but I want to be sure before I start fooling with them.

tollboothwilley
Car: 2003 G35 Sedan w/ NAV

That looks like it.

What are you taking apart your AC condenser for?

have you checked the FSM?

2004 Coupe FSMhttp://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/G35/Coupe/2004/

SteveTheTech
Car: 15 Sentra SR
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-
05 Mazda 6 L3 Sport, 95 J30, 94 D22

You will need to remove the radiator and condenser as an assembly from the engine side. You will need to remove the upper and lower radiator hose, the automatic transmission (if equipped) lines, and discharge the AC system. Remove the radiator fans with the two 10mm hex head screws and twist the two locks in the core support and you should be able to get it out. I find that taking the engine cover off gives you that little bit of extra room you need sometimes.

A few notes about AC repair.

-
EPA wrote:Under section 608 of the Clean Air Act, it has been illegal since November 15, 1995, to knowingly vent substitutes for CFC and HCFC refrigerants during the maintenance, service, repair and disposal of air-conditioning and refrigeration equipment. On June 11, 1998, EPA proposed a regulation to fully implement this statutory venting prohibition.
-You will need the commercial service tools to remove the suction and pressure lines that run to the condenser.

-You will also need to refill the condenser with oil. A special PAG (Polyalkylene Glycol) oil is recommended. (Unfortunately my Adobe reader is down for the count so I cannot provide a PN right now) The standard practice applies of replacing what you drain works well but you need oil in there before recharging it.

-If you AC system is still charged I would strongly recommend getting it evacuated professionally. More importantly is the refilling procedure. The entire system needs to have <28inHg applied to test the integrity of the sealing points and to remove as much air and moisture from the system as possible. If you allow the system to hold a vacuum after the system is opened this ensures everything is air tight. Do Not Run The Engine While recharging, unless necessary and only if there is <20% of a charge remaining.

-Always verify the operation but closing the side vents and turn the AC to vent with the Recirc ON. Depending on the ambient temperature and humidity your output might be a little warmer than you would expect. It should average between 48-55*F.

Jordang35coupe
Car: 2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe

hi, do you by chance know the tools that are needed to remove the A/C Condenser? i can not get an answer from Infiniti. and anymore incite on how you go about removing it would be greatly appreciated. the condenser is now the only part i can not remove in my attempt to rebuild my front end. Thanks @Ginevan

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”