A/C compressor mounting options in s13 ls1 swap

V8 240sx? Sure! If either the chassis OR the engine is non-Nissan (i.e. SR20 in an RX-7 or LS1 in a 240sx), we've done it.
mm_ibrahim412
Car: 1992 Nissan 240sx

Here's the deal...I have my flame suit on...can i use the ls1 components for my AC and power steering lines in my s13? Can I use any of the ac coompressor from any of the oem gm ls1 cars (camaro, firebird, corvette, etc.)? and does anyone have the part numbers on the belts for the ps lines, ac lines, pulleys, etc. And while I'm at it, does anyone have stock injectors for my ls1? thanks guys

C3Sierra_S2000
Car: 1997 240SX SE LS swapped

I am getting ready to hook up the A/C on my S14 with a LS1 in it. Well actually I am swapping the motor to a L92 but it is still the same thing. It actually is quite easy to do on the S14. I am not familiar with the S13 system but most all A/C systems function similarly.

Pretty much you will use all of the stock Nissan A/C components. You will need to make up a low pressure hose to go from the GM compressor to the firewall and a high pressure line from the compressor to the condensor. To make these lines take the hard line ends to a hydraulic shop and have them crimp on new hoses to the length you need.

For the wiring you will need to find the A/C request line from your dash harness and connect it to the A/C request on the GM computer. The computer then has a clutch control that you will wire to the GM compressor but it first runs through the trinary switch which should be mounted on the liquid tank.

The trinary switch kills the compressor if the pressure is too low or too high and is important to use.

I kept this somewhat generic since my experience is with the S14 not the S13 but as I said most all cars work this way. Also the exact pins on the GM computer will vary depending on which computer you have.

Download the wiring schematics for the two cars to get the wiring right and you are good to go. Don't forget to put the inspection valves in the high pressure and low pressure hoses. If you need hard line or hose fittings check http://www.docsblocks.com

RUTH'LESSDET
Car: Star Fire Blue 1997 240sx

Can you post pictures(when you get started) i have a ls2 in my s14 and would like to put ac in as well, but its kinda of a tight space and im missing one of the gm compressor lines. Pictures are worth a 1000 words in this case for me.

Return to “Hybrids”