a/c comes on/then off- 2015 ROGUE

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
burrpenick
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SV
2012 Ford Focus
2015 Mustang 3.7 V6/ 300HP
1969 Plymouth Barracuda

Only 70K miles, will usually come one, but after a few minutes it cuts off. SUV did this 2 yrs ago, a shop said the wire going to the compressor had worked loose (located in the bottom fuse box under the hood I THINK). Its doing the same thing. Is this wire weak, or is the connector weak? SUGGESTIONS??? THANKS!

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

That connector issue usually happens with aftermarket compressors and not OE, some manufacturers cheap-out on the connector pins and use ones several thousandths thinner than the OE pins. Generally giving the male pins on the compressor a 5~10 degree twist for better contact will resolve it. However, there are a lot of other things which can cause the ECM or HVAC amp to shut down or cycle the compressor. The first thing to check is whether there's still juice on the car side of the connector when compressor shuts down. If there's no juice, it means the connector isn't the issue and something upstream is shutting the compressor down.

burrpenick
2012 Ford Focus
1969 Plymouth Barracuda

Help, a local shop tells me that there is a coil inside the front of the compressor that goes bad and causes the on/off situation on my Rogue. The compressor was replaces just over a year ago, so I am suspect. Im still considering that wire that comes out of the bottom fuse box that the other shop said was not making contact- and that seemed to fix the issue- for a year +. this new shop that I only called to see if they could get to it mentioned a second wire, thinking maybe a ground that could be a problem. Comments? George in tallahassee for now.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

The only "coil" is the compressor clutch coil, and when those fail they usually just fail. I don't think I've ever heard of one kicking in and out, they either work or don't. Sounds like a handjob.

burrpenick
2012 Ford Focus
1969 Plymouth Barracuda

Well that was a concern. He said unfortunately that coil cant be replaced on its own, only the compressor. He may have added that a Nissan dealer could maybe do that, but Im not sure if he said that or not. thanks, George

Return to “Rogue Forum”