A an '03.5 or wait for the '04?

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
jpatrick

Hey All!

I'm back for some more advice. Thanks in advance. I am close to buying a new g35 sedan. From reading this and other boards as well as talking to a few salesman it seems pretty certain that a '03.5 sedan from dealer inventory can be had for $500 over invoice. However, dealers are now taking orders for '04's and I am wondering if it just makes more sense to wait for an '04, seeing as they will be arriving by early September. I've heard from a few people that pricing will be very similar and that heated seats will be standard on the '04's. Plus, dealers seem to give really good deals when you order a car because they know that it won't just be sitting on the lot costing them money. Also, by getting an '04 you save a year of depreciation. Even though I would like to buy now it just doesn't seem to make any sense.

I know dealers don't say too much about the '04's because the '03.5's currently in their inventory would be that much more difficult to sell. But does anyone know how close to invoice you can hope to order an '04? $500 over? $1000 over? Or more? Has anyone ordered an '04 yet? What is the pricing for the '04's? And what changes can we expect for the '04? As always, thanks

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Patrick,

I would jump on that 2003.5 for $500 over invoice!

There is <no way>, the 04's are gonna be anywhere near this low, especially early in the model year (if you wanna buy at approx the same time.Also the prices for the 04's aren't out yet and rumor has it that stiff price increases are to come for the entire Infiniti line.

Remember most infiniti's are pretty low priced ,compared to the competition in their class, I think they will always be lower, but indicators are the factory wants to close that gap.The only thing the rumors disagree on is when (04,05 ?)

Even now,even the slow selling Q45 is seeing some real price increases.

We dont know, if the 04 model year will hold at its current low prices (compared to other marques) and only add inflation of it, or if it will add more.Or, even if MSRP stays close, invoices can still rise and present a hidden increase visible only to the dealers (and making it harder to have them come down)

But with a popular model like the G, I can see MSRP rising beyond inflation for 04 and again 05.Also with the G35 being such a new design and there having been some mid year upgrades I dont see many changes, if any, beyond trim/colors heated seats strd, coming for the 04 model year.

In summary:I would jump on that great price, now is the time!

Fred..:yesnod

nlzmo400r
Car: cars

jump for hte o3.5 , thats you're best bet, besies, how much can they really change in a 'half model year??"

Mythos
Car: 04 6mt g35 coupe IP/graphite 08 g37 6mt w/everythiing on order for Nov delivery

I just went to my local dealer today trying to decide between diamond graphite or desert platinum and whether to pick dark or light interior. Still can't make up my mind but I saw the 04 order sheets with the following changes listed for the coupe.1)forged wheels added for 6mt package (probably similar to Rays on Z)2)tire pressure monitoring3)faster improved cd changer 4)deleted rear seat ash tray5)unique sport badging for 6mt and auto sport model due in Oct.6)changed center console (no specifics)7)deletion of Carribean blue and add midnite blue like on sedan.thats all of the changes for the coupe for 04 local just got info yesterday placing first 04 orders now for august delivery. no word as to amount of price increase figures it to be around a grand or so.

dave_c

You should be able to get a 3.5 sedan for invoice and save yourself $500. The 2004's are going up atleast $1,000 but the dealers won't have the exact price increase until August / September.

Unless you take a car off the lot or already in production or transit your purchasing a 2004. The last 2003.5's are in production now and the model year will close at the end of June.

If your looking for a deal you might want to check out dfwinfiniti.com. The dealership is in Dallas but will ship to anywhere in the US for $250. I believe they sell for below MSRP.

dave_c

Mythos

According to DFW Infiniti, the largest Infiniti dealer in the Country there are no changes to the Coupe for 2004. All the changes were mid year with the 2003.5 model

" There are not a lot of changes for 2004.

SEDAN:

Chrome Wheels are availableMemory Driver's seat (PrmPkg)Diamond Graphite added

NO 18" Wheels!NO Aluminum Trim!

Coupe:

Absolutely NO listed changes, all upgrades were mid year evidentally.

Twilight Blue is added"

Read this thread from FreshAlloyhttp://forums.freshalloy.com/u...art=1

Bluestreak
Car: Cars, fatherhood, baseball, music

Hope they do something with that center console- it could use an armrest. Would be great if I could attach one to my 2003. Maybe they also need to change it because the carpeted rear mat the dealer gave me in February didn't fit my 6M/T, because the console stretches too far back. I have the Carribean blue- get 2-3 compliments on the color a week. You can see purple flecks in it when the sun shines (which hasn't been to often in NY these last few months). I'd be surprised if they discontinue it- but it might make mine that much more sought-after. Sure wish I had that tire pressure monitor too.

Any of you get the satellite radio? Is it good? they want $350 for the unit, and 2.5 hours labor to install, bringing total cost to about $600. My brother-in-law has it home and it sounds great, has no commercials, and provides specific music styles from particular time periods. Anyone have any feedback??

Mythos
Car: 04 6mt g35 coupe IP/graphite 08 g37 6mt w/everythiing on order for Nov delivery

Dave I understand what they told you but I had the book in my hand and read the changes myself also coupes will be broken down to about 4 or 5 different trim levels by Oct

Richatchase
Car: People's pursuit of making money.

I wouldn't wait. The car is that nice and I waited 5 months for my 6MT. I also debated about waiting for a 2004 coupe and I'm glad I didn't wait. I got it this past Friday and have not been this excited about a vehicle since my 1990 Kawasaki ZX6. Now I only wish I could have both.

spec-u-later
Car: Yaris...FML

I would wait for the 04 to come out and then get an 03.5. It should be a little less with a new modle year in stock.

Richatchase
Car: People's pursuit of making money.

Where are there any in stock? There is still a big waiting list here. Our dealer just won Infiniti's top dealer award again and they do get extra cars but people are driving from all over Florida to get them when they come in.

Bluestreak
Car: Cars, fatherhood, baseball, music

On the Infiniti website, you can build your car and check dealer inventories within 25 mile radius, 50 mile, etc. There are some to be had, though you have to be lucky to get the color and options you want. That's how I got my Carribean blue, 6M/T back in February. I looked again several weeks ago and found some more out there. I haven't looked recently, though.

GMachine
Car: cars, camping, sports

Jpatrick,

Depending on where you live and how hard it is to get vehicles over the border between Canada and US, you might want to look in Canada, - our Infiniti dealer here in Edmonton, Alberta has 6 new 2003.5 G35's in stock, 2 silver, one blue, 2 black, 1 green, and one of the silver and one black are 6 spd MT. They also have another 4 G35 coupes in stk. The dollar exchange is in your favour too, - plus I think the prices are lower.I paid $42,400 Canadian for a loaded G35 Aero sedan, which is about $30,952 US. ( If my exchange rate is right.)You could always tie it in to a nice 2-3 day vacation and break in the car on the way home.

greg_atlanta
Car: 2008 G35 Journey Sedan, silver/black (no sunroof), 1992 Q45 (in a past life)

I say always smarter to wait, esp. if you're going to keep the car forever. My 1992 Q45 is a much better car than 1990 & 1991 Q45s.

PalmerWMD

greg_atlanta wrote:I say always smarter to wait, esp. if you're going to keep the car forever. My 1992 Q45 is a much better car than 1990 & 1991 Q45s.

based on...?Actually most feel the 90's interior treatment was superior to the later years and the 90 MY and the early 91's are said to have the most bhp.

You have a nice car Greg, but not all model year changes are for the better.

Fred...:)

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

I guess I would give the manufacturer at least one year to get the kinks out and get some customer feedback to improve things that were not done right in the first release.

Plus the price for a popular car always seems to be unreasonable in the first year! The dealers tend to like to gouge. The Mazda Miata experience is a case in point - dealers were getting between 5k and 10k over sticker in the first six months 'cause Mazda underestimated the demand.

FWIW, I really liked my 1991 Q and should never have traded in for my current 1995 Q. Oh, well ... live and learn.

Z

PalmerWMD

There was a mid year update, "kinks" with Infiniti generally tend to be pretty minor.In the mid year update, they added some extra anti-rattle material and I think there was a stereo update as well, for the G 35 2003.5.Prices on the G's have already come down a bit as inventory builds especially on the auto sedans.Coupes and manual sedans can still be hard to come by or even involve waiting periods, when ever you have waiting periods that means there is another guy standing right next to you ( so to speak) who wants to buy the same car, so your negotiating position is not strong.

Fred...:)

Super Dave

Hey Mythos, do you have any other info on the 04 "auto sport" model? I placed an order for an 04 6MT model fully loaded, but I would have really liked the convenience of the auto. However, I really want those Brembo brakes so I had to go with the stick. I was wondering if you knew if they would be offering a combo with the auto and the Brembos? I'm gonna call the dealer tomorrow. Also, do you think the sport badging will be on all of the special models for 2004 or just those that come after October (mine should be here in September).

Mythos

Sorry no new info, have been trying to stay away from the dealer (makes the wait harder) plus every time I go in I question whether I picked the right color or not. I'm not really thrilled about any of the current colors. I do remember that till the model changes that are supposed to be made around October or so that the Brembos will only be available on the 6Mt after the changes they will be available with the auto. I'm going back in to get a copy of my purchase order today so I can get a better interest rate with my Cu they're at 2.99 for up to 72 mos. I'll see if I can get another look at the order book.

luv2win
Car: Infiniti G35 Coupe

did you pull the trigger on the 03.5? if not, i'd still recommend you do... step on it jp!

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”