a $15,000 question

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
JinNjuicE

Let's say you have an s13 red top swap done and had $15,000 to build the motor what would you do and what would be the end HP?

Nismo_Freak
Car: 89 240SX

Toda 2.2L Stroker Kit T60 Big Shaft w/ Ceramic Ball BearingsBlitz Boost Controller Harness Blitz LM GTR Front Mount 720cc Injectors High Flow Fuel Rail Fuel Pressure Regulator Big Hi-Flow Fuel Pump NOS Direct Port Small ShotBlitz Turbo TimerHarnessBlitz NUR Spec ExhaustJWT ECU Apex'i AFCZ32 Turbo MASTomei Cams Tomei CamgearsTitanium RetainersTitanium SpringsTrust Headgasket Nismo Motor & Tranny MountsPort and Polished HeadDual T-Fal FansRemove A/C (if its there)Modified HKS Intake from VR4 (has a dual filter set-up) Custom Cold Air BoxBlitz Racing BOVTrust 12-row Oil Cooler with Dual Filter Giken Twin Plate ClutchCarbon Fibre Driveshaft Reinforced U-JointsJUN Lightweight FlywheelQuaife LSD Chrome Valve Cover with black metallic letteringRedline Race Oil for Turbocharged CarsRedline Differential and Tranny OilMagnetic Oil Drain PlugCustom Racing Baffled Oil PanBlitz BL Series GaugesNismo 300kmh Gauge ClusterCustom DIM Gauge Holder

Perhaps a bit over 15k but its a nice setup IMO. You could make a ****load of power out of this setup. You would have enough fuel and turbo to make 500+ whp easily. N2O is simply there to spool the turbo. Honestly I like a smaller turbo but if you want power a T60 will put out enough. Toda kit comes with forged crank, pistons, and rods with some nice bearings and alot higher temp tolerences. You save 2k just with the Toda kit over the JUN stroker kit. Problem is when you bore the block you lose some block integrity and you might want to reinforce it with some stronger sleeves.

I H8 UR DSM

"Redline Race Oil for Turbocharged CarsRedline Differential and Tranny Oil"

All that money and parts, and your gonna put Redline in there?? Oh no no no....get some Amsoil :rolleyes

and thats a 15k setup, with another 50 hours of work to get that thing together...buy a tomei SR20det, or a JUN Sr20det : )

Daunttless

I second Jesse, just get a pre-built engine for that much money. : ) If ya got that much money, you don't need to do the work yourself. : )

chrispy
Car: Rowing, wakeboarding ,being outdoors, nissans

those tomei and jun sr20dets are sweeet. i forget which site i saw them at.

FrEaK
Car: Boosted D21 Pickup

They also come with an aftermarket intercooler i believe as well right?

:squint

JinNjuicE

How much are those already built motors and where can you get them in US?

Daunttless

they are a ****load of money, and you have to buy them from Japan. : )

Nismo_Freak
Car: 89 240SX

I could get you JUN, MONSTER, or TOMEI SR20s fully built. But you better have a **** load of cash.

Movingviolation240
Car: Big boost and flying are 2 of the 3 things I can't turn down

First thing I'd do is jack the oil cap up about 2 inches and stick a 2JZ under it. Then I'd slap a T04R onto it, FMIC, carbon kevlar clutch, 272 HKS cams, a nice big fuel pump and line set into my custom rail loaded with 900cc injectors. Then run it all with a Haltech. That works out to be about a 700rwhp car and you'd have money left over to add coilovers and a decient set of rims.

Paul

I H8 UR DSM

wait, you mean your not recommending the CA??????????:confused:

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

I H8 UR DSM wrote:wait, you mean your not recommending the CA??????????:confused:
:eek: :D :thinker

AunVoh

yeah, who isn't using the CA now? i've heard of Supra guys swaping to CA's the last i heard Jesus himself uses a CA! we should just smash all the SR's that are left, because they are so ****ty....:evilhaha

Jubs180
Car: my 240sx, my computers, my anime collection, learning spanish and japanese, and of course, My beauti

its not that he is not recommending the CA... he is just not recommending the SR :) .. he is just being smart and suggesting something else with real potential =)

:D -Dan

240zx
Car: I like....stuff =P

It amazing noone mentioned on how they plan on control this SR. No talk of Motec or Electromotive or any kind of engine management. Sure you could buy a JUN crate motor but what is a motor without a "brain".

Movingviolation240

Jubs180 wrote:its not that he is not recommending the CA... he is just not recommending the SR :) .. he is just being smart and suggesting something else with real potential =)

:D -Dan
I'm just saying that if you really want to go fast, and if you have the money to spend, your going to waste it building an SR up like that. A 2JZ has infinate potential, plus in the 700hp level an SR is working it's butt off to make HP, but the 2JZ has 1000cc's more to spread that stress out over.

It's not worth stressing over 200-300cc's on a turbo motor, but 2 more cylinders and 1000cc's is a big improvement. Not to mention I know of several supra's that are over 900rwhp that are all stock internals and most Supra's at the 700hp level are daily driven.

That's my .02

as far as the CA arguement goes, a 5000CA will smoke a 5000SR, a 10,000SR might smoke a 10,000CA (it would be very close) but above that you reach the level of diminishing returns and you gotta really step up to get your dollar's worth out of the car.

Daunttless

Or go RB26 with attessa AWD. : ) Sure, you won't have as much horsepower, but you'll get mad respect. I wouldn't mind a 500 horsepower RB26 with the attessa intact in a 240SX. : )

JinNjuicE

movingviolation...dont you have to get custom engine mounts and etc. to fit a 2jze? That would cost lots of $$$. Also, i heard that you need to get a custom cross-member to fit the 2jze tranny to make it fit. That also costs madd $$$.

One more thing, what intake manifold will fit HKS GT series turbos (3037 or 3040)? Are they even worth the extra $, i thought they spool quicker due to ball bearings and other HKS goodies. What's ur opinon on the best turbo setup with SR20 w/550+ cc injectors?

Movingviolation240

If your only going to run little 550cc injectors, you could almost get away with a T3 Super 60 turbo. Maybe a .50 trim T3/T4 would work better though (if you want the bling of a bigger turbo).

If your going to build your motor, don't waste time or money on 550's go straight to a 72lb injector and call it a day...

I would build my own mounts, so it's not gonna cost too much. There really isn't anything 'crazy' about doin custom mounts, were about to start that on an RB26 install I'm going to help a freind with.

As far as the twin 3037's...... that's just too much money for that budget lol. A T04R is even pushing it a little, maybe go to turbonetics and get one of their cast manifolds and just run a 62-1 ballbearing turbo insted with a P trim exhaust in it.

PaulOrlando, FL

kilipo4
Car: scuba diving, hunting, cars, women, drunkenness

Here's a question nobody has brought up.

Do you actually have the money or are you just fantasizing?

JinNjuicE

nothing wrong with fantasizing:icesangel.

Return to “240sx General Discussion”