99 maxima, injectors replace or rebuild?

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
wdornbach
Car: 1999 Nissan Maxima 5 speed

Hey folks

My 1999 maxima 5 speed has 240+ k miles. I need to replace the knock sensor, and I'm going to take off the intake manifold because it's a California emissions car and there is all kinds of hardware related to the swirl chamber thing, can't can a wrench under the intake manifold to remove the knock sensor.

So anyway, I figured I should service the injectors while the manifold is off. They are original with 245,000 miles. So any opinions? should I just get new injectors? or should I send them out? Does anyone have a recommendation for a reputable place to send them for rebuilding?

Thanks!

turbo_bink
Car: 1999 Maxima SE-L

I’d say ... rebuild.

Not sure where you are but if you can locate a local speed shop that does injector rebuild and flow testing/flow matching, I think you’ll be pleased.

Look for a shop similar to this one. This the shop I used) and paid $25/injector.

https://www.theboostlab.com

wdornbach

Thanks for your reply although I started that thread over 2 months ago.

The job is already done, I found a shop in NY that did them for $17 each. injectorrepair.com

Caveat: the injectors were stuck tight in the rack, could not remove them. I sent the whole rack to injectorrepair.com and he removed them. They were stuck because of rust/corrosion in the injector cups. Once I got everything back, I cleaned up the cups real good with a cone shapped wire brush on an air grinder, then finished with 400 emery. I put lots of oil on the o-rings and cups before reassemby and the injectors popped right in.

Car is running great!

turbo_bink
Car: 1999 Maxima SE-L

wdornbach wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:00 am
Thanks for your reply although I started that thread over 2 months ago.
I kinda figured.

I wasn’t recalling if you got responses over at the “.org”, I just re-registered over here, so I thought I’d reply.

Glad you got it taken care of.

wdornbach

Yea, regarding ".org" it seems like the 4th gen forum is fairly active. I post there on a reg basis.

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”