99 maxima 5spd with sticky clutch pedal

Discuss topics related to the VQ series engine.
Movado09
Car: 1999 Nissan maxima 5spd

My 99 maxima clutch pedal wont come all the way back up. ive replaced the clutch master cyl and also primed it with new fluid. ive even tried making several adjustments to the pedal and it still sticks. not to mention how many times i bleed the clutch hydro system and it still does the same thing. any ideas anyone.

Chillin014
Car: Maxima, J30, El camino, Super Beetle

do you mean it sticks to the floor when you are doing the bleeding procedure? If so, that is normal, you just have to pull it back up and then it should have the resistance to push itself back up from there on out.

Otherwise, if you are bleeding it properly (only opening and closing the bleeder while the pedal is still pressed down), I would check to make sure the spring on the pedal assembly isn't out of place or anything odd like that. If I recall correctly that spring would push the pedal outwards for the most part but if there was no hydraulic pressure from the master cylinder it would actually hold the pedal down to the floor once you press the pedal past a certain point.

bwitte

look for a leak... typical of the older maximas. My 99 had one and the replacement part was uner $100 and easy to install myself. If I remember correctly it is on the driver side. Just follow the lines and you will find the leak if it exists.

Return to “VQ30DE / VQ35DE / VQ35HR Forum”