'98 Pathfinder - TCC Solenoid

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
jmcondra
Car: 98 Nissan Pathfinder 4WD

I am having a problem with the torque converter not locking when I'm at speeds above 60 MPH. This is causing the CHECK ENGINE light to come on with a P0744 code. "Torque Converter Clutch Circuit Intermittent"I have replace the TPS and adjusted it over and over. I have replaced all of the AT fluid 2 times and I had the filter cleaned/replaced a year ago.

I'm thinking about replacing the Torque Converter Clutch Solenoid, if it's not difficult. Can I access it by just removing the pan?

1998 Nissan Pathfinder Automatic 4WD197,000 miles!!

I do have an ATF leak, but I think it's an unrelated symptom.

Thanks

jmcondra
Car: 98 Nissan Pathfinder 4WD

UPDATE:

I cut the wire on pin 5 of the Transmission Control Unit and connected in a 2 position push button switch. In one position, I give 12 volts to the Tourqe Converter Clutch solenoid. In the other position, the TCU can control it.

I test drove it for 30 minutes. When I push the switch to lock up the TCC, it stays locked up, even at high speeds. In the other position, it won't stay locked up at high speeds.

So, I think my TCC solenoid is good.

Any ideas?

Thanks

s13sr20chris
Car: nissans

i dont have a wiring diagram for your truck so i cant really help that much. things i would look at/mess withtcmspeedo sensorspeedo head(the signal usually goes to the speedo head before anywhere else).

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”