98 altima problems

General discussion area for the L30-chassis Altima
EPA570

Hi all cool site.

Trying to narrow down an issue with my injured Altima. I resently picked up this car after it was overheated (warped the head and blew the gasket). The bottom end is ok. I replaced the gasket/head and I am not getting any fuel or spark.

Fuel: I have fuel pressure so the pump is working but the injectors are not.

Spark: I am not getting spark at all.

I have a spare computer and distributor which I have swapped out and I still have the same issue.

Any help any one can give I would be very greatful.

Thanks

Eddie

marlin29311
Car: 2008 Infiniti G35x

Sounds like you might be having a wiring problem - if neither your injectors or plugs are doing anything, and you've changed out the distributor, you might be having either a wiring or grounding issue.

Is there any power at all through the car? Have you checked back on the wiring?

EPA570

I have checked all the grounds and they seem good. There seems to be power as I have lights and there is power at the fuses. I have checked all the fuses and they are all good.

Amaya928
Car: Nissan Altima 2000

you should check all sensors, maybe u have a electrical short circuit in some of the sensor boxes or fuses boxes, since the car was overheaded some of the cables might got damished and melted so u need to check on that too :D

AltimaJones
Car: 98 Altima GXE

get a dmm nad check power at injector plugs and maybe secondary of the distibutor. are the injectors working? could be bad fuel pressure regulator

EPA570

The injectors turned out to be stuck but the main problem was the compression. Looks like the block died when it was overheated which I had hoped that was not gonna be the case but what can ya do. Now I have to decide if it worth it to rebuild the engine or try to find a used one here. Seems there are not that many around this area and the ones that are here have a lot of miles.

Thanks

Eddie

wade001
Car: 2009 Altima coupe 2.5s mt

if you have no spark and you replaced thos things it could be a bad coil, maybe check that

Return to “2nd Generation Altima Sedan (1998-2001)”