97 QX4 Keyless Entry-again

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
brent6017
Car: 1997 Infiniti QX4

Another Keyless problem-

Bought the car with no remotes. So, I bought one from Ebay, and went through the programming ritual-lock doors, insert key six times, lights flashed, turned key to acc., pushed keyless button-and nothing. WIll not program. I changed the batteries in the remote, tried again and again-nothing.

Checked all fuses/relays for keyless/security system. All seemed OK.

Sent the remote back, got another one. Tried the whole ritual all over again, and still nothing.

The hazards flash on the car as if it is in program mode, but will not accept a signal from the remote when I turn the key to accessory.

Is there another procedure for the 97? How can I tell if it is accepting any signals at all (the car) to determine if the remote is bad or not?

Thanks

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

is this the procedure you used?

http://infinitihelp.com/Owners...b.htm

brent6017

Yes, that is the exact procedure. I just don't want to send this remote back if there is nothing wrong with it.

Also, I don't really know of any other way to troubleshoot the truck to make sure that it is not at fault. Everything seems fine, it goes into program mode-hazard lights flash, but it will not accept the new remote.

KoukiS14
Car: 2005 G35x - Lakeshore Slate / Stone

I tried those directions on my qx4 to test it out. . doesn't work on that, but does work on my 240sx.

Mine will not go into program mode though. I have a 99.5

brent6017

Maybe I am going to have to bite the bullet and buy a new remote from Infiniti.

youngcoke

just buy a new alarm with keyless entry . you can get a good one for $200 insatlled. and it is better than the factory keyless

STIcyrus

I have the same problem, I tried to program my remotes and the same thing happened, the lights flashed as in programming mode and then it just didnt work when i pressed the button on the alarm,

fueler
Car: 2 Nissans, 2 BMW's

youngcoke wrote:just buy a new alarm with keyless entry . you can get a good one for $200 insatlled. and it is better than the factory keyless
I dunno about that..... the factory QX4 alarm is worth a lot more than $200 seeing as it has electronic ignition kill with a chip in the key, and a factory hood pin. $200 viper alarms are a joke, trust me, my neighborhood is riddled with car thieves and i'm lucky enough to know them on good terms.

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”