97 Q45T brake light problem

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
chrisbr66
Car: 1997 Infiniti Q45t

Hello everyone, new to this forum and also the new owner of a 1997 q45t. This forum has already helped me solve a few problems but looking for help on this. The issue is the spoiler mounted brake light does not work, the tail brake lights do work fine however. I did a multimemeter reading at the connector for the 3rd brake light and it is getting power when the brake is depressed. Some other things that may help diaganose this is that I do get the failure warning light on the dash when pressing the brake and I also do notice a clicking noise up front when depressing the brake pedal. Any help is appreciated.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Problems in spoiler lamps are almost always wiring issues in the umbilical that connects the trunk to the car. If you didn't check power and ground to the lamp, do that by checking across the connector terminals and not to a body ground. If that lights a test lamp, then the light itself has an issue. If it doesn't, peel back the boot on the umbilical and you'll probably find a broken ground wire.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”