97 Q45- ECM code......help?

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
JP94ZJ

I have 97 Q45 and the ABS, TCS OFF, SLIP light are all on. Scanned cpu, pulled codes:ECM-ABSTCS COMM NGThrottle Position Sensor 2ABS Motor Failure (OFF MODE)

What gives? I checked the connections and they look good, the fuses are all o.k. I couldn't find the ABS relay though to check to see if that's working. Is this some sort of Fail Safe mode? I don't even know where to start the diag. I am not very knowledgeable of all this electrical junk.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

97Q45t
Car: Viper RT/10, Ford Explorer 4WD

The exact same thing happened to my Q 3 years ago. The ABS relay was bad. It is located inside the back box right next to the ABS acumulator and the windshield wiper motor (passenger side - engine bay). The relay should cost about $20 from everythinginfiniti.com.

JP94ZJ

97Q45t wrote:The exact same thing happened to my Q 3 years ago. The ABS relay was bad. It is located inside the back box right next to the ABS acumulator and the windshield wiper motor (passenger side - engine bay). The relay should cost about $20 from everythinginfiniti.com.
is it that blue relay along the passenger fender ?

thanks

97Q45t
Car: Viper RT/10, Ford Explorer 4WD

I don't remember what color it was, but here's the location:

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”