97 Pathfinder Relay

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
A1218
Car: 1997 Nissan Pathfinder SE

Which relays get constant power when key is in ignition position only?

I installed some raptor style drls on the front grill and I tapped into the a/c relay so the lights come on when key in ignition position or engine on.

It’s been fine for about two months but I’ve started noticing recently that it’s been flickering and turning on or off sometimes when turning a/c on or off.

So I’m going to check the connection, maybe it is loose at the relay or relay loose. But I’m thinking of switching to another relay that has constant power only with ignition.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Flickery LED's are usually dying LED's. I'd suspect those long before I'd suspect the relay. LED DRL's draw very little current and are a resistive load, not inductive. So they put very little electrical strain on the relay contacts.

A1218
Car: 1997 Nissan Pathfinder SE

VStar650CL wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:23 am
Flickery LED's are usually dying LED's. I'd suspect those long before I'd suspect the relay. LED DRL's draw very little current and are a resistive load, not inductive. So they put very little electrical strain on the relay contacts.
Well I shouldn’t say flickering but it turned off when I turned a/c on and also turned off when I turned a/c on and off again.

And both lights simultaneously. It wasn’t like one was not working properly but both doing so at the same time.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

The A/C relay is only on with the A/C compressor. Take the signal for your DRL relay off the fuel pump relay. That's the best for DRL's because it won't light them up unless the engine is running.

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”