97 Nissan Maxima won't start

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
jennylee1186
Car: 1997 Nissan Maxima

I have a 97 Nissan Maxima and it has been running great never having a starting problem well until yesterday I went to work no problems and when I went to leave work it wouldn't start when you turned the key my radio and dash lights came on the the first few times and you could hear a click now when you turn the key you get nothing first thing I did was take my battery to get tested it is good my dome light turns on and the light around the key hole. My key does come out of the ignition when it is running so I put in a new ignition and ignition switch and still nothing. I checked my fuses and still nothing I don't know what to check next. If you have any suggestions anything would help. Thank you in advance.

far raf
Car: 2005 Nissan Quest SE (standard? simple? edition - i.e. nothing special)

The dreadful green fusebox relay, just replace it. This would be the relay that powers the ECU, tacho and several other things. I had problems with it years ago and spent tons of time and money, but nothing would help until I replaced the relay.

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”