97 Maxima Auto SE no start

Got questions about your Nissan? We're here to help, and it's FREE!
vqpwrd240
Car: 93 S13 and 97 Maxima

I had the car running before the transmission was taken out to be rebuilt. After the tranmission was put back in, car won't start. Searched forever trying to figure out why. Only thing the shop and I were able to find out was that somehow the #2 and #5 coil drivers in the main ECU were blown. No wiring to the coils were ever modified and we have even removed the Greddy E-manage ultimate from the car. Each time we replace the ECU, the thing blows the 2 and 5 drivers. Sometimes takes a few minutes before it does. I am completely lost! Don't know what or where the ECU could be shorting out since that is the only thing we can think of at this point. PLEASE HELP. I HAVE GONE THROUGH 3 OR 4 ECU ALREADY.

Please post, email or call me @ 847/220/384one. Thanks in advance.

Ferhan

MaximA32

Definitely sounds like a wiring issue. Have you checked the fuses and that the wiring from the fuse box is good?

vqpwrd240
Car: 93 S13 and 97 Maxima

Yes all fuses are good. The only thing I did find is a wire that is not connected in the the fuse box by the battery. I call my friend that is a Nissan Tech and he said it is for the clutch for the 5 speed. Mine is an auto. I checked a few Maximas at the junkyard and they all had this relay in the autos but were all wired up.

The car has run before even with this wire not hooked up. I do not get it.

Thanks again,

Ferhan

Buckshot

I have seen where they don't get a good ground between the trans and engine may be something to look at make a jumper ground from engine to the transmission usually causes a long crank also. Take a voltage drop test to the block and see what reading is

Return to “Nissan Online Mechanic”