97 Infiniti Q45 crankshaft position sensor

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
FilipeCarters
Car: Infiniti Q45t

Yesterday I came home through a really snowy freeway here in Utah. Made some safe, slipped a couple times..

This morning when I turned on the car to go to work I noticed that the car was not speeding up the way it should. It was going really slow, then afterwards it went fine. Also I noticed that the check engine light came on and that the car was a little weird.
After work the weirdness was not there anymore ( it was kinda shaking), so I decided to go to AutoZone and do the check engine light. The result was P0335 crankshaft position sensor malfunction.

I did research the forum and other websites, but I couldn't find the right model that should be the fit for the car. I found 2 and they say at the websites that they should fit but they look really different. Does anyone know which one is the right sensor model for the 97 Infiniti Q45?

MC OMEK
Car: 1999 Infiniti Q45t

Try eBay, I’ve seen a brand new one there; or rockauto has some decent brands as well.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

When you look for stuff like that, the best way is to search by part number. Go to InfinitiPartsDeal.com, plug in your VIN and then find the part. IPD uses the same database and drawings as Nissan/Infiniti DPC, so you'll know it's the right p/n. Then use that p/n to search eBay, RockAuto, etc.

98_Q45

It’s the one with the 1 screw on it... sits between the flywheel and the transmission...way under. Best accessed from behind the front wheels.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”