'97 Altima clutch issues

General discussion area for the U13-chassis Altima
cjdj517
Car: Altima '97

Hey, so I got my Altima a few months ago, it's in great shape, really. Aside from the fact that I started having minor clutch issues, i.e. the clutch pedal seems like it has a very short distance to go before hitting the floor .. obviously not a great sign. Anyway, I've heard a sort of crack a few times at random when engaging the clutch, which made me think it was the pressure plate, and soon lost the ability to shift into first at a dead stop, and shifting into reverse was near impossible; shifting out of reverse was a nightmare. I could put it in first from reverse, and I would still be in reverse. And almost every time I came to a stop it would stall. So I bought a brand new clutch, pressure plate, and throwout bearing .. the guy working on it said it's not the clutch, it's the clutch pedal bracket. Does that sound shady or is he right? Not used to Nissan's.

QR25DE
Car: 2009 Altima Coupe 2.5L 6MT Turbo

From my experience, maybe? Is the bracket broken? What makes him think it is the bracket? Has he had everything apart to look at the clutch itself? Is the linkage bad?

Return to “1st Generation Altima Sedan (1993-1997)”