97 Altima auto to manual ?

General discussion area for the U13-chassis Altima
Mr.wiggles
Car: 1997 nissan altima u-13

hey im new to this forum my boy told me that this was the best place to research about nissans and so far it is. i just got my first car ever its a 1997 nissan altima , ive always liked modding and i would like to change alot of things , i asked a local shop and they recomended to change from auto to manual before doing any serious work on the engine ( turbo etc ).

has anyone ever done that or know a place where i can buy a tranny used or new ?http://www.nicoclub.com/forums/thread-i ... nfused.gif

DeVilleL13
Car: 1995 Nissan Altima GXE

First out think about how much you wanna do like MT and rear disc, wing and rims. It might be cheaper to ride yours and look for one with most of what you want, then sell yours. cause unless your going to do the work or have someone to help you, it get's pricey finding and installing these things. But if your gunna do the swaps then-

One of the best places to start looking for parts is a salvage yard. there you can find a lot of core parts cheap. Like getting all those panels that are missing around the motor, clips, screws, interior, caps, plugs you get the idea. Also a great place to find a MT and all the parts for the swap, also while taking it off the car you basicly just taught yourself how to do the swap. And they are a great place to get the rear knuckle from the SE models to swap on rear disc brakes(if you don't already have it, you'd need the E-brake cable too)

That's gunna be the cheapest route but you might be buying junk or something new and the car got hit so you gotta look. Price it out and see what best cause this is the one place you wanna spend money, no one want's to get stuck.

Good Luck

Return to “1st Generation Altima Sedan (1993-1997)”