97 Altima Aftermarket

General discussion area for the U13-chassis Altima
97Altima_Guy09
Car: 1997 Nissan Altima GXE Limited Edition

What are available for the 97 Nissan Altima GXE So far I know that stillen makes headers for the altima and there is a jwt pop charger for the altima which I will be putting it in very soon waiting for it to arrive. What other performance parts can I get for the altima cause I have been researching alot and haven't found much that can be bolt on only for better performance. What other car is similar to the altima so I can get things for that car knowing that it will fit mines.

Thanks

Rev_D21
Car: 1986.5 D21 LB HD 2WD V6 5Speed
1991 D21 Reg 2WD Auto
1995 D21 Reg 2WD 5Spd
1996 D21 Reg 4WD 5Spd
2012 Versa 1.6S 5-Speed

Not much, the U13 and L30 were never fully supported in the aftermarket beyond gay lights and body kits. If you want to gain some good power trying saving up for a bolt on turbo kit.

DeVilleL13
Car: 1995 Nissan Altima GXE

He's right the aftermarket treated the u13 like a redheaded step child. their are few things for the ka24 compared to other nissan models. If you want lots of aftermarket in the motor depot then start thinking sr20det. Some guys live by the ka24det but the turbo kit is costly and you can pick up a whole motor, ecu, piping, intercooler and wiring (just need a sr20de FWD tranny) for about the same as a good turbo kit. Other than that think about a rear disc swap from a SE model. Everything else is hand made.

nwcflip
Car: 240sx se

There is some aftermarket for the altima not much, but it is out there. Not having that kind of support is good in a way; that only the serious tuners with first and second gen altimas can surprise the local street race junkies. It will sort of bring us back to the earlier days of import racing where having headers back on a civic or sentra was high status. You should aim to lighten the load alot through old school weight reduction. buy a set of GR-2s and lowering springs, a short throw shifter(Don't worry about your syncros either), a front air dam, light weight hood, strip the back seats out, most importantly get super sticky tires do not budget your tires. The rest is all you so start unbolting that egr valve and block it off.

Return to “1st Generation Altima Sedan (1993-1997)”