97-01: does your cruise control buttons light up?

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
98_Q45

Just curious as mine doesn’t light up. I’m wondering if maybe there’s a bulb to replace in there that I don’t know about.

cbird805
Car: 2003 Infiniti M45
1995 Infiniti Q45 Base
(prev) 1994 Infiniti Q45 Base

If it does, it's the tiny ones like these:

https://www.alliedelec.com/product/eiko ... lsrc=aw.ds

They're same ones that light up the window switches and door lock/unlock.

98_Q45

cbird805 wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:07 pm
If it does, it's the tiny ones like these:

https://www.alliedelec.com/product/eiko ... lsrc=aw.ds

They're same ones that light up the window switches and door lock/unlock.
I wonder if those are the same for the clock lighting. I ordered another climate control from eBay that looked to be full lit up. When I plugged it up, there are still 4 buttons at bottom that don’t light up. And the bulbs are discontinued by Infiniti. Tried different things like tapping it and moving just the two closest bulbs around, and still doesn’t work. Very annoying. If I find another one in a salvage in returning it under warranty.

cbird805
Car: 2003 Infiniti M45
1995 Infiniti Q45 Base
(prev) 1994 Infiniti Q45 Base

According to the 99 Q45 FSM, the cruise control lights up only at the switch on the left side of the steering wheel. The buttons on the steering wheel don't light up.

Not sure about 2nd gen, but 1st gen Q45's clock uses a T1 size bulb. They are similar, but bigger than the ones I posted a link for. The T1 is about the size of a grain of rice, the window switch bulbs are slightly bigger than the tip of a ballpoint pen. The wire leads are literally hair thin. The bulb holders look similar (round plastic with a cross indent), but the recess where the bulb fits is smaller.

BTW, you can get T1 LED bulbs from superbrightled.com for your climate controller.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”