95 s14 ka24det ignition/spark blow out?

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
Tyler240sxs14
Car: 1995 240sx

Hey guys,

I have been building a KA24det in my s14 the last couple months finally got it’s on the ground to the point where I can drive it around.

I have searched for this issue and tried things I found but still nothing.

My issue right now is that it builds boost fine and accelerates fine and right around 4K rpm it just falls on its face and is difficult to power through it (if it does) this is mostly in 3rd gear. 1st it fine, 2nd it powers through it okay starts to break up, and 3rd it is very noticeable. I have no codes on ecu. I tried 2 distributors, ohmd plug wires (brand new).

As I accelerate and get around 3500-4000rpm my a/f goes rich and I do start to lose boost. I know it’s a spark issue because when I have plugs gapped at .025 it’s much worse and when I shorten the gap it gets better (used to not be able to power through in 2nd).

I’m kind of lost at this point. My a/f is around 11.2-11.5 at WOT and then starts to drop because of spark blow out.

Is there anything I can check voltage, jump wires, ohm out anything to try to get this figured out. Could it be grounds? Could it be a bad MAF and just pulling way too much timing at WOT?

I just thought about this...Another thing is that I have gauges wired to my key ignition in the steering column could that be an issue?

I’m trying to convert to an s13 distributor set up but finding parts is becoming difficult.

Any ideas or advice on what to do would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!!

My setup is:
Stock ka-t @ 12.5psi
Z32 maf blow thru
Top mount cast turbo mani
Precision 5431 t3 .48 housing
Precision 38mm wastegate
3” exhaust
Isr m-spec inteercooler
740cc injectors
Aeromotive 340lph fuel pump
Rs-enthalpy ecu
Magnecor kv85 plug wires