95 p/u 2wd needs shocks

Forum for the Xterra, Frontier and Hardbody, the smaller workhorses of the Nissan lineup!
87nissanKC

Well i tried searching and cant find anything helpful when it comes to 2wd shocks. So heres the story... I have a 1995 Nissan Pickup that i have owned for about 3 1/2 years now and it has been lowered the whole time (3 inches front 3 1/2 on the rear). Well i want to raise it back up to stock height and i can guarantee that the shocks are blown. What is a shock to go with? Kyb, Bilstein, Rancho? Truck is driven on the highway and will be towing, or hauling heavy weights on occasion.

Also need to pickup up some new tires so if you have any recommendations that would be great!

Thanks!

draggin93
Car: Nissan Hardbody

Toxic

88pathoffroad
Car: 1988 Nissan Pathfinder XE V6

Go with what you can afford and makes you happy. Everyone has different likes on shocks.

Big-Bird
Car: 2000 Xterra on 'Roids & 2004 Quest SL

If you are using this truck for every day useage you can use shocks from Monroe, Gibson.

Monroe makes a shock called the Sensatrack. It has variable valving that dampens the ride at different rates depending on road conditionsRancho's RS5000 is a good all-round Shock.Toxic are re-badged shocks made by some place overseas. They are good but in most cases are better suited for lowered ridesBilstein and KYB are expensive and have had favorable reviews from all manner of truck and SUV owners.

I personnally use Rancho and have had all their series at some point. I liked the RS5000's on my 1995 Nissan D21 4x4 but I did find them a bit stiff for around the city.

My Xterra uses the RSX9000 adjustables with the incab control. I can change the dampening rate with the push of a button. Great for my heavy beast. If you plan on towing a few times a year go for the Rancho RS5000 or the KYB. Those are my suggestions.

87nissanKC

Big-Bird Thanks! that is just the help i needed. Well be going with Racho 5000's when i have the money.

Return to “Nissan Trucks Forum”