95 nissan hardbody/240 ka swap

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
NISMO24096

a friend of mine was just wandering what all he can swap into his nissan truck, well his ecu run the older 240 single cam motor or does he have to get the 240 ecu? also does he have to get the wiring harness or are they the same? thanks for all the help anyother suguestions will be greatly appreciated. hes doing a swap cause he has a crack in his current block, thanks again....

R240NA

ECU and harness are different, along with various other items. He'll need to swap everything entirely.

Turbo_Nismo_EC
Car: My truck...of course

Well there are a couple things he can do. I also own a 95 Nissan HardBody and I have built the KA24E for turbo. In my opinion, swap to either a KA24DE, or an SR20DET. The KA24DE would be my personal choice, since you wouldn't have to change all that much, just the ECU and wiring harness. I wish I thought of that before I built my KA24E, but I didn't think that I would take it this far. I've seen both swaps. Here is a link to a guy in Virginia that did an SR20DET swap in his truck. Unfortunately he is selling it, but I'm sure he can help your friend with that sort of swap.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...&rd=1

Like I said, personally I like the KA24DE. From what I've seen, when built they are a beautiful motor to work with, but that is my personal opinion. Just like I've noticed before there are people who swear by the SR20DET, and then there are people who like the KA24. It'll just be your friend's choice.

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”