'95 Misfiring HELP!!

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
gabex

Took my car to a shop to have them install my 2k2 muffler.Next day, car is running rough. Check ECU for stored codes.0603-Cylinder #6 misfire. Replace all spark plugs (NGK PFR5G-11).Checked for sparks. Still misfiring.

Decided fuel injectors must be bad.Swapped #6 fuel injector with #2. Reset ECU, Started car.Problem got worse, running even rougher. 0701-Multiple cylinder misfire.Gas leaking out weld in new muffler.

Decided that injector #2 (previously #6) must've been bad.Checked it with a multimeter, Replaced injector #2 and O-ringson injectors #2 and #6. Reset ECU, Started car. All GOOD!Let the gas burn that was in the exhaust, drove around 10 miles.Everything seemed fine, 0701 returns. Still misfiring.

Pulled injector #4, it was busted. Bad o-rings, cracked.Replaced injector #4 and o-rings, Reset ECU, Started car.Checked ECU 0607-Cylinder #2 misfire.

Figured it could not be the new fuel injector. Swappedcoil pack #2 with #6. Reset ECU, checked codes.Still 0607-Cylinder #2 misfire.

I don't have my multimeter. Could the fuel injector have gonebad already? Or what other problems could there be causing thismisfire??!

Possibly unrelated: Under 1k RPM, REALLY high pitch noise. Radioand lights were off. Dunno what it is??!

NISTECH

whine probably coming from alt. I dont know if it applies to your year or not but there was a recall on a couple years of the A32 alt. your missfire problem could be 1 of 3 possible problems. Coils, water dripping on the ecm connector from your evap due to a plugged drain. ECM connector is located by the passengers left foot. remove the black cover and inspect for water run off on the connector. 3rd place to check is the harness where it runs from the right hand strut tower to the timing cover. try moving it around with the car idling see if it effects the idle at all. post back what if anything you find.

gabex

Ok honest idiot mistake. On the new fuel injector, the prongs were all bent, and did not make a connection with the wires. =/ Yeah I should've noticed, but everything seems gravy. Now I gotta check to see if that noise is from my alternator. Thanks for the help!!

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”