95 Maxima Throttle Body Modification

Troubleshooting, DIY's, How-To's and articles about all Nissan vehicles. Non-vehicle specific "General" How-To and tech information is also here.
adidas2go
Car: Cycle through all kinds of cars, trucks, motorcycles, and boats 🤙
Once upon a time: 1st turbo Altima Coupe

Throttle Body modification:

Do you remember those coolant hoses you took off to remove the Throttle Body? Well their job is to heat the TB up in cold weather to stableize the idle. Much like a choke on a carb. Now honestly how long does it take for the coolant to heat up and be useful, lets face it, your probably driving already. So here is what we do. Get yourself a pipe coupler.

Now take the hoses and connect them.

Make sure your tight and on to step two. I learned this after a few min of driving. The system will operate on its own without the coolant just the heat of the car. Found out when i was stopped in nutral and my car idled at 3800rpm. So to remedy this you need to take off this rotating spring. looks like a mini TB connection at the bottom of it.

There is a nut on the end. Just remove it, take off the part, and reattach the nut.

Now you will notice your car idles a little lower to save on gas but also has, I'd say, about 2-4mm more of throw without the spring attachment hitting the TB spring. I drove around for an hour with no issues enjoying crisp responce and smoked a new mach1 to end my day. Hope this helps out. Enjoy!

Article by: flyboy367

Return to “Nissan Articles”