95 altima issues

Got questions about your Nissan? We're here to help, and it's FREE!
Zues2k
Car: 95 nissan altima GXE

OK so the other day the alternator went out on the car so I replaced it, recharged the battery and its running. But now its giving me codes saying VSS, the knock sensor #1 circuit, and the trans range sensor circuit are bad. I was informed that all 3 of those sensors are somewhat related and the problem could be causing those to send codes. The tranny does s*** funny and none of my gauges are working. It idles funny right now like it almost wants to die. Does anyone know what it possibly could be? Any help would be great. Thanks!

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

That's kinda crazy man, I don't think I've heard of all of those doing that at once. The only thing I can think of is maybe you cooked something when working on the electrical system. I would start by checking ALL of your fuses, and also look for any loose/exposed wiring that could be shorting out on anything. Lastly, reset your ECU (unplug the battery for about 15 minutes). If that doesn't work, see if you can find someone with a spare ECU that you can swap in and try.

Zues2k
Car: 95 nissan altima GXE

well the gauges werent working even before alternator went out

Return to “Nissan Online Mechanic”