94Q Power Steering Noise

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
rob1
Car: 1994 Q45

I replaced all the belts about 6,000 miles ago and now when making a sharp left turn (over 90 degrees) there is a sharp noise for a second or two. It doesn't sound like a loose belt but not sure. Is this a warning sign the power steering unit is beginning to fail? Any ideas?

revil86
Car: 1993 Infiniti Q45

my Q had a similar problemid use lucas oil stabilizer (the sticky stuff), it worked for like a few hours then the noise came backit turned out to be a belt tensionseri dunno if that helps

Jesda

Scottsdale (www.everythinginfiniti.com) should have the idler pulley for cheap, if thats the source of the noise. When you loosen/remove the belt, turn the pulley to see if you can feel any friction.

rob1
Car: 1994 Q45

I had a chance to look into the sequel noise and need more help diagnosing the problem. The sequel only occurs once the wheels are fully turned to the left and then coming out of the left turn it begans to sequel for about 1 to 2 seconds (not into the left turn but only coming out). No sequel on right turns.

The noise is not coming from the front of the engine e.g. pulley etc., but sounds like under the car.

I sprayed down various suspension areas with WD40 but that did not help.

Could it be the power steering piston? Other ideas?

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”