94 Sentra AT Pan Drop

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
loystock
Car: 10 Pilot, 97&03 Q45s, 97 I30 and 06 M35 Sports (04 G35 & 99 I30-RIP)

I did a pan drop and filter change on a 94 Sentra Automatic 1.6L with 71,000 miles. I cleaned the pan, magnets and replaced the filter and gasket. However, I was not able to install one of the bolts on the filter. I noted the position of all the bolts during dis-assembly. All of the bolts, though differing in length, are threaded all the way except for this one. This particular bolt, supposedly mounted on the left-hand side of the filter (towards the driver side wheel) is only threaded at the tip (@ an inch). I removed the filter a second time to verify the position...confirmed it but nothing seems to hold this particular bolt.

Is therea a nut or threaded assembly inside the transmission that's supposed to keep it in place? What will be the impact if I installed the filter without this particular bolt? Should I cap this 'hole' on the filter? Your help will surely be appreciated.

Thanks,Rod

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”