94 Q45T

Got questions about your Infiniti? We're here to help, and it's FREE!
isaac1

i first want to start by saying that i have search the threads for a month an a half just to get answers an none seem to fit my problem. my problem is that my transmission is taking a long time to shift through to the last gear this problem is more so while the car is cold. once the thermostat needle reaches the first line(i think its 200 degrees) my tranny shifts through with no problem. the second problem i have is my climate control door is broken an i want to know is there a sensible quick fix solution to this or will i just have to buy the whole under the dash unit because the part thats broken is the little plastic tip that connects to the climate control arm.

qship96
Car: 1996 Q45

The first line on the gauge is said to be 100 degrees F- and the Q is designed to not go into top gear {4th} until coolant warms up a little- this shortens engine warmup time due to the higher RPMs the engine turns in 3rd vs 4th gear.

search for home made fixes to your heater door issue on this site- proper parts replacement is almost cost prohibitive if purchasing new parts and paying for labor!!!!

isaac1

thanks qship i though my tranny was going bad an i finally found the thread on the heater door but the thread i found where bigdog76 had pics of the process but the thread has no pictures. have they been moved to another forum, if so do u have the link to that thread. once again thanks!

Return to “Infiniti Online Mechanic”