94 Q45 Tps Question PLEASE HELP!

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
jtreign9097
Car: 1994 Infiniti Q45

I recently for about 1 year had a 93 pathfinder tps in my Q since its all i could get my hands on ... its been slowly going bad causing the shifts to shift too soon.. it always did but its junk now... at Full throttle i was only getting half throttle reading at 3.6v when it should be 5v at least.... i was told that the 300zx tps has the 5v range... and when i bought one and hooked it up.. the voltage at idle starts at max voltage and as i open throttle the voltage decreases.... what 2 wires do i have to reverse so its the other way around... i have Red white Black from the pigtail.. not sure if its the other connector but i doubt that.... please if anyone experienced in this let me know what wires to change.... and yes the tps is installed corrected and the connectors tight and wires are color matched

Q451990
Car: 1990 Q45 - 118K, 2022 Toyota 4 Runner, 2004 Frontier M/T - 108K, 2012 Xterra (Mom's), 2023 Rogue (Inlaws)

I vaguely rember wandering around the pull-a-part looking for a compatible TPS for a throttle body that had one missing (they sell better on eBay with them). The direction they rotate seems to be different on most everything Nissan builds. Have you tried www.car-part.com to see if anyone will sell you the correct part without you having to buy the throttle body too? Even if you have to buy the throttle body, you may still be able to sell it on eBay without a TPS and get some of your money back

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

It depends on which end of the throttle shaft the TPS mounts to, they flip direction when the end flips. The OEM changes that stuff every 20 minutes or so. The clocking can easily change too to affect the absolute low or high point.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”